Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: How many of you who actively play on Red have a level 60 char on Blue or Green?
I have a level 60 char or more on Blue. 5 27.78%
I have a level 60 char or more on Green. 0 0%
I have a level 60 char on both Green and Blue 0 0%
I Only have Chars on Red. 13 72.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 02:18 PM
Kobold

OK hear me out!
Red should be a thing on blue and green, but it should come at a cost!
Like being red in UO sort of.
A 3rd faction with some punishment, but also rewards!
How about this:
Max three buffs! Where silly puny blues can have 15? Buffs, chad Red can only have three!
Want a torpor, click off haste ya bloody bigot!

See, I know what we all want, for EQ to be what it (I suspect) was meant to be by the OG devs, a massive pvp game, which probably got shot down by meek loser publicers.
But how do we undo the damage made by the horrid min/max:ers deleveling destroyers of pvp?
This is the true game we need to play, public relations! We need to beckon in the horde of normies. We need rules!
Rule based pvp!
Old 12-23-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe just state your rule set ideas plainly. 3 buffs way too little.

Deleveling is already solved though. It was fixed during live.
Seems like a lot of the things you’re worried about are already fixed.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-23-2021 at 04:26 PM..
Old 12-23-2021, 05:52 PM
Banned

If you want debuffs you put someone on cancel magic. Hope that helped.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Reds can't use dispell LOL
and no charged clickies!
If you delevel you stop being red.
Rules to cap out the autists...
This isn't about you, it's about inviting normies.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reds can't use dispell LOL
and no charged clickies!
If you delevel you stop being red.
Rules to cap out the autists...
This isn't about you, it's about inviting normies.
There is already a large enough playerbase to support red and none of your rules would address the problems that plagued the red server here.

No amount of rules or training wheels will allow Blues to tolerate a red environment, the moment you got killed you would cry and ask for more and more rules until you quit.

If you can't handle penalties from death play WoW, don't try to change EQ PvP because it doesn't have enough safe spaces for you.

And if you ever enabled a monstrosity of a server like that I would band together with the other reds to release the dogs of war upon you and grief you off the box.

You wouldn't last a month.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is already a large enough playerbase to support red and none of your rules would address the problems that plagued the red server here.

No amount of rules or training wheels will allow Blues to tolerate a red environment, the moment you got killed you would cry and ask for more and more rules until you quit.

If you can't handle penalties from death play WoW, don't try to change EQ PvP because it doesn't have enough safe spaces for you.

And if you ever enabled a monstrosity of a server like that I would band together with the other reds to release the dogs of war upon you and grief you off the box.

You sound super popular! Everything anyone ever said that sounded bad about pvp was all easily changed by rules.
I wouldn't want to be around you, but I would like to invite the full experience of EQ into every server. I hate lonely empty games and you understand you can handle that, like you can handle empty lonely life without ending it, you're strong!
I would like to be griefed on, and have the choice to end my career as red, which is what I'm proposing, not being locked down beside you, but to have the choice, with negative and positive, with rules that lock you nutcases down... As with anything, you can easily be countered. Clickies are gay and so are you.
I played 2 hours on Rallos Zek, where I was hunted by a level 12 necro. I still enjoyed it, even though it didn't seem like he did...
My wish is for everyone to enjoy it, and when I see blue progress I realize that the thing people want the most is access. If being red gave you access, no matter the rules set people would flock to it, and with a targer rich environment you would thrive.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You use spacing like reddit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2021, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound super popular! Everything anyone ever said that sounded bad about pvp was all easily changed by rules.
I wouldn't want to be around you, but I would like to invite the full experience of EQ into every server. I hate lonely empty games and you understand you can handle that, like you can handle empty lonely life without ending it, you're strong!
I would like to be griefed on, and have the choice to end my career as red, which is what I'm proposing, not being locked down beside you, but to have the choice, with negative and positive, with rules that lock you nutcases down... As with anything, you can easily be countered. Clickies are gay and so are you.
I played 2 hours on Rallos Zek, where I was hunted by a level 12 necro. I still enjoyed it, even though it didn't seem like he did...
My wish is for everyone to enjoy it, and when I see blue progress I realize that the thing people want the most is access. If being red gave you access, no matter the rules set people would flock to it, and with a targer rich environment you would thrive.
But ironically what your asking for is exactly what would kill the server. Zerg's kill red, Zergs are born from players who want pixels and don't want to fight for them.

You are confusing what would make YOU want to play Red which is watering it down till it doesn't resemble itself anymore, and what would make Red's want to play red.

Blues don't survive on red, and there is no amount of rules that will ever make it acceptable for you, because the thing you really have a problem with, is the PvP.

No one ever left a red server because it was toxic or too much PvP, they left for the opposite reason, one guild grew too large and PvP stopped. The server was always the most popular when 2-4 guilds were having solid fights vs one another, you would hate that environment and prefer Red as it is now, dead pixelquest.

And yes you are correct, I am an awful terrible person who thrives on the misery of my victims. The most hated man to walk this server and Sullon Zek.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The most hated man to walk this server.
Eh. Other thread kinda proves you were annoying but definitely not most hated.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 12-25-2021, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh. Other thread kinda proves you were annoying but definitely not most hated.
Hey don't take my word for it, just search all the threads with Syft or Burgerking, good luck finding somebody that spawned more hate threads than me.

One held the record for like 8 years as the largest and most read thread. I'm sure every nerd here wants to claim they were not mad, but their constant sperging proves otherwise.

https://imgur.com/a/lAOiBHg
Last edited by New_Guy; 12-25-2021 at 11:44 PM..
Closed Thread