Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-19-2021, 03:05 PM
Aviak

Post EQHD and other options to improve graphics

Hello all,

Quite a while ago I started to use EQHD and was really impressed with the improvements to classic graphics backgrounds/character/weapon details. As time went on it seemed like spell files would come out and it seemed to slowly be reverted back to how it originally was (not looking nearly as good) the last spell file patch came out and I was like wow this is dead in the water (not realizing the velious texture issues that happened and has yet to be fixed)

Soooo I deleted everything and started from scratch with everything stock now. I’m now realizing that EQHD was still a major improvement over stock graphics overall. It seems EQHD has stopped being supported/worked on for quite some time now.

I was hoping for some help/recommendations with other graphic enhancers available currently similar to EQHD, or is EQHD the best option?

Thanks in advance,

Nomand
Old 12-22-2021, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Been doing some digging around and looks like EQclassicHD handles character improvements, while HiRes 4X HD handles environment details.

Two questions and could really use some help from the community on this.

1) I’ll be trying both, what order do you install these in? Or does it even make a difference?

2) Do these programs still work as intended after the latest spell v55 patch?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Old 01-03-2022, 04:48 AM
Aviak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Highres_4X_HD is the page ive used to get my files. It tells you the order in which to add them to your p99 folder which is EQHD classic > Blue water(optional)> 4k textures. Hope this helps!