Banned

when the imposter is sus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE9o...l=Dodoparipope
Old 01-06-2022, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

Try Skyrim
Old 01-06-2022, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Western Wastes always has tons of dragons up. Quite a few are small groupable.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the essence of what you are saying, but your math is off and thereby your point is moot. If a person dedicates 3 hours every spawn, thats a 13/16 chance of failure to the 5th power (5 spawns/weeks)

So there is a ~65% chance that I will be on during a spawn given 5 attempts. Thats not horribly bad, but you also have to consider that my guild has to be ready and able to down said Dragon. Given the competition, that probably reduces my chance to a 4th of its original.

So we are talking about a 65%/4 = ~16% chance of winning said dragon over 5 weeks. Thats pretty shitty odds given the time commitment.

What is P99 doing to improve the game for casual players? It seems like all that has been done is make the raiding scene more difficult, therefore increasing the barrier of entry for the typical casual. You mean to tell me they are willing to root dragons because that goes against how the game was originally meant to played, but they are unwilling to reduce the spawn time on dragons even though there are 30X the amount of high level players on the server?
My math is not off. It is a 20% chance per week. 3/15 (using 15 for easy rounding) is 20%. If you want to be nit picky, it is 18.75% using 3/16.

Now obviously rolling a 5 sided die 5 times does not guarantee you get the number you want, but the average says it does. You may need to roll 10 times, you may need to roll 1 time, that all depends on luck.

This game does NOT have instancing, which means casual players do have to work harder. There isn't any way around that, and the Developers will not change their mind on this as far as I know.

I am just giving you the best advise I can given how the server works.

As I said before, even if the Developers make the dragons spawn more often (let's say they took your suggestion verbatim), you will still not get any dragon kills if your guild sucks at raiding. Not trying to be mean, but if you want to be casual AND get raid targets, you need to try and join a better guild. If you are unwilling to do that, you will probably not get what you want.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Western Wastes always has tons of dragons up. Quite a few are small groupable.
This is true. Shamans can solo a fair amount of them, even. If your goal is simply to kill *A* dragon, that's your best bet. If you mean raid dragons, I'd defer to DSM's advice. I'm a member of Kingdom and I work nights and have a 4-year-old so needless to say my schedule is all over the place. I just raid when I feel like, and don't when I don't or can't. I get DKP slower than my fellow guildies, but I still have killed several dragons and acquired lots of mid-tier raiding gear.

Simply put, give it an honest shot before you say it's impossible.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-07-2022, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try Skyrim
Consider Skyrim.
Old 01-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Large Bat

will work for casual guilds as much as weekend quakes do (not much)
Old 01-08-2022, 08:23 PM
Banned

Don’t give up, Topgunben. If I can do it then you can do it cause I’m casual as it gets and kinda suck at EQ

The Devs are gone, the servers will stay split for years…and as interest dwindles and server pops go down, the casuals will rise!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F5309277-B25B-4406-91B2-58496E464550.jpg (23.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-09-2022, 03:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

P99 raiding is a disaster that doesn't mimic real EQ well. The OP is right that lowering the respawn times would help make the game more inviting to casuals, grow the community, and make the game more fun IMO without drastically changing the spirit of P99.

At the same time it would lower the sock industry revenue and we all know they support the evil orange man (no one I have spoken to, that isn't on food stamps, considers the election irregularities to not have possibly swung the election) so that's good too.

The dragons will still be scarce until they are not scarce, just as it is now. The difference would be more pixels dying resulting in more happy gamers in a P99 fashion.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanistic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one I have spoken to, that isn't on food stamps, considers the election irregularities to not have possibly swung the election.
I believe you’re telling the truth here, since I doubt very many people tolerate speaking with you.
Closed Thread