Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when Iraq invaded Kuwait, the world should have let them?

Hmmmm, interesting isolationist attitude you have.
You're a fucking idiot. Do you even know WHY Saddam invaded Kuwait in the first place? Have you ever even heard of slant drilling? Do you know that American backed industry set up slant drills all along the border of Iraq and stole their resources? Do you know that Saddam tried to negotiate with Kuwait THREE TIMES peacefully to get them to stop before he "invaded" Kuwait? Do you know how many Kuwaiti citizens died in his invasion?

I'm not trying to support Saddam.. His previous actions (mostly under the direction of the CIA) were despicable, but don't try and act like you know something when you're head is full of propaganda from the fourth reich.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now, let me present you some other numbers: guess how many civilians (mostly children) are still dieing yearly by american unexploded cluster bombs worldwide? over 5,000, every single year. as another expample, civilian casualties during the iraq-war: 89,000 (off the record) and again, there was no threat coming from iraq.
No I totally understand what you are saying, and agree with the implied premise that America is JUST AS BAD if not worse than any terrorist organization (no matter how you try and cover that sentiment up with rhetoric).

However, there is a distinct difference. At least the "terrorists" own what they do. When the US kills citizens, it's "never" on purpose. Propaganda always wins out here; the sheep always ignore facts glaring in their faces and bleat their way into the pockets of the powerful.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Orc

Good god, the effort people will go to! Who could be bothered to make all these accounts just to flame someone who by the way happens to be a great player (which I am sure has been provied by now after 7 pages).

Nightfall - you're a loser. This is a game an no one gives a flying shit if you are the president of iraq. Go delete your account, you'd be doing us all a favor.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Skeleton

Caldariel is a class player, no doubt. Good healer, communicative, not at all loot-whorish and good company also.

Nightfall on the other hand appears in /ooc regularly as a full blown toolbag with little of worth to say and what appears to be even less of a clue. Then to read this thread about him getting busted making dupe accounts to have his own one-man-flame war...

Mate, you're a tard. Be quiet unless spoken to please.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Wow, a chorus of kiwis!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Kobold

Id have to say Cald is indeed a good cleric >_> Grouped with him on my sk alt in sola i think it was, and i was suprised at how well he healed being in all cloth.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaxa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, I'm an afk cleric? Where are we grping that we require 2 clerics at such a low level? Nightfall and friends, please come up with better stories to rant about me.
Hmm, you were the cleric I was grouping with in Sol A on Saturday night/morning? If that's the case I think I'm very confused, since that was the awesome group with those dudes from <Burly Men>. There wasn't really anyone AFK in that group at all if I remember, which was a miracle since it was 4am. In anycase, sorry about tarnishing your name. I should go figure out which cleric it was last weekend that was actually partially afk...
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, you were the cleric I was grouping with in Sol A on Saturday night/morning? If that's the case I think I'm very confused, since that was the awesome group with those dudes from <Burly Men>. There wasn't really anyone AFK in that group at all if I remember, which was a miracle since it was 4am. In anycase, sorry about tarnishing your name. I should go figure out which cleric it was last weekend that was actually partially afk...
Yes that was me Izzni. I mean I did almost fall asleep at the keyboard towards the end but I wasn't afk. The only other time I grped with 2 clerics was in oasis and that was an oddity situation as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvaata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id have to say Cald is indeed a good cleric >_> Grouped with him on my sk alt in sola i think it was, and i was suprised at how well he healed being in all cloth.
Hey I upgrade to small bronze today. Still no +wis items LOL

I've been thinking about this and maybe we're all too hard on Nightfall for what/how he is in game. He admits he comes from WOW which really is a different MMO experience than EQ. I know I played only 2 weeks of WOW myself as a priest grouping only once for some dungeon instance before getting to level 60 and getting bored. He says he does /hidecorpse all but doesn't realize that doesn't hide corpses of mobs that he just killed and that there is almost no way a sitting cleric can loot faster than him unless they're fighting directly on top of said medding cleric. He's probably used to grouping with twinks who don't need plat at all. Because of this he doesn't realize there are still new players entering this server who don't have friends handing out plat to them. I was pretty piss poor when I first grouped with him, having maybe 4 pp to my name and needing to buy spells very soon. Yes a caster is not as gear dependant but seriously, I can't go much longer running with my current mana pool unless my groups are willing to hear me scream oom every few pulls and waiting for me to regain. I'm probably mana efficient more because of necessity than skill.

I'll cut you some slack Nightfall but don't try this BS again. All you've accomplished was messing up your reputation, forcing me to admit that I'm a powergamer with a bad attitude at times and don't like bullshit in my groups, and making Izzni real confused as to who he was grouping with (don't worry Izzni, you probably won't have to group with me again unless we're doing cheal chains.....oh joy).

And can we stop derailing this thread? I really like the fact that it was about me =)
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by calaxa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you've accomplished was messing up your reputation, forcing me to admit that I'm a powergamer with a bad attitude at times and don't like bullshit in my groups...

And can we stop derailing this thread? I really like the fact that it was about me =)
Attn: whore.