Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify
Default Bard Songs!

OH NO!

Playing selos with my super drums, I only get fast selos for the first "tick". Then it reverts to super slow, no instrument selos!

Seems that leaving a song playing cancels any benefit from the instrument.

:*(
Old 04-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Aviak

I played Selo's while dual wielding and for the first tick, my speed increased by the proper amount. At the second tick, while I have my weaps equipped, Selo's again increases in speed. It felt as fast as having drums equipped, when in fact I did not.

Edit: This also occurred while equipping a basic Lute.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Developer

I will investigate, and figure out what is going on. I have an idea what it is, but I need to do more testing.

Do you have your drums equipped when you start to sing?

Haynar
Last edited by Haynar; 04-24-2010 at 06:20 PM..
Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Yes.

1) Equip Drums
2) Play Selos.
3) Start running.
4) Selo's "refreshes", instantly slowing you down about 140% (estimating...)
5) You stay slow (60%) until you recast selos.

At which point you go back to #4.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

yes doing this for me as well.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

great patch haynar, twisting is working great, and it seems like the problem with mods is only affecting Selo's.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

I noticed that when singing mana song, only the first "tick" shows a graphic on other members of my group. After that there is no graphic. Was this intentional, or a casualty of the "remove the casting sound" fix?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed that when singing mana song, only the first "tick" shows a graphic on other members of my group. After that there is no graphic. Was this intentional, or a casualty of the "remove the casting sound" fix?
That would be probably in a casualty.

I will look into that problem too.

Keep any additional issues you find coming, so I can wrap them up. I changed a lot regarding bards. So I wouldn't be suprised if there are other problems. It is hard for me to totally test everything with bards.

Haynar
Old 04-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Large Rat

Default Additional Bard song and instrument issues

OK, since the patch today...
1) My lvl 19 bard gets 5 hp per tick while standing w/ mandolin equipped. It was 9 per tick two days ago. (Hymn of restoration).Regen is the same 5/per tick, when NOT equipped....
2) Hymn ends at end of the cycle if I sit down tho I do get 10 per tick while it lasts when sitting. It was 10 per tick and continuing while sitting pre-patch 4/24...
Thanks
edit note: Hand drums do accelerate Selos...at least for me
Last edited by tyrac; 04-24-2010 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: addndum
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Skeleton

Firstly - Thanks Haynarr for th ebig bard upgrade! I've got a few issues here

Referring to previous comments on Selos:

1) My first tick of selos is a tiny improvement in speed, regardless of whether I'm wearing drums, weapons or nothing at all
2) Second tick of selos is **fast**. Its almost as if the +% modifier is applied cumulatively, instead of as a refresh
3) Subsequent ticks of selos (past the 2nd tick) do not seem to apply more +% modifier

Some notes regarding Selos:
a) selos appears to be slightly faster without drums
b) my partner thinks that this "fast" selos run speed is actually closer to correct for classic (as in, prior to the patch, selos appeared to barely out run an equiv. level sow) - she played a bard for many years
c) north ro/oasis/south ro aren't NEARLY as big anymore!

Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity (L32)
This spell now effects bard mana which it should never do. My understanding is that the *only* thing that modifies a bard's mana regeneration rate is Flowing Thought items. Its very nice, but not classic I suspect. I certainly recall bards as far forward as PoP begging for FT items on raids, to assist charm kiting endeavours after death.

Songs Generally
I) Songs will not continue to play if you're sitting down. Classically, I think you could start a song then sit, play with your balls or whatever and it would continue to refresh. This no longer occurs. Occurs with/without instruments.
II) Not sure if it's intended, but previously, my song never failed once it ticked once and I let it go. Now, it fails quite often (say, once every 10 ticks or so), without any external factors, such as an axe to my skull. Occurs with/without instruments.

One last very random thing: my hand drums appear to be a flute graphic :P
Closed Thread