Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Aviak

Arrow Rogue epic + worn haste item for quicker backstab options

Hello all,

My rogue is level 40 and is about to acquire ragebringer. My initial thought was sweet that will be my haste item and wont need to buy a 3rd spiked seahorse hide belt for my toons. But from the reading I’ve been doing the haste from epic wont shorten cooldown time on backstab. Soooo I have a velium swiftblade in off hand (I actually planned on replacing this weapon) it has 36% haste would this do the trick at shortening BS cooldown and be a little more effective then a spiked seahorse hide belt 34%? Any insight or suggestions on other affordable options would be appreciated?
Old 10-10-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all,

My rogue is level 40 and is about to acquire ragebringer. My initial thought was sweet that will be my haste item and wont need to buy a 3rd spiked seahorse hide belt for my toons. But from the reading I’ve been doing the haste from epic wont shorten cooldown time on backstab. Soooo I have a velium swiftblade in off hand (I actually planned on replacing this weapon) it has 36% haste would this do the trick at shortening BS cooldown and be a little more effective then a spiked seahorse hide belt 34%? Any insight or suggestions on other affordable options would be appreciated?
Ragebringer has 40% worn haste on it. Worn haste doesn't stack (the game just uses the highest % haste item), so none of those items you mentioned will help you at all.

I believe the only way to shorten the Backstab cooldown is to get a total of 41% haste or more. In this case you have three options:
1. Start raiding. All of the 41% haste items are raid items.
2. Now that Plane of Sky quests are MQable, you may be able to buy an MQ for the 41% Haste Plane of Sky belt https://wiki.project1999.com/Renard%...t_of_Quickness . I am not sure how often those sell, or for how much. I would imagine they are in high demand when they do sell.
3. Get https://wiki.project1999.com/Eyepatch_of_Plunder , which will give you 20% spell haste. Then you will have a total of 60% haste with that and your epic.

Sadly none of these options are cheap or easy.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-10-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Old 10-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Haste (including worn haste) reduces the reuse time of combat abilities (like flying kick and backstab).

There was a bug for a little while with ragebringer where its haste was not doing this. But that bug was fixed. So feel free to ditch your other lesser haste item after you get rogue epic.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:51 PM
Aviak

Great replies, many thanks!
Old 10-11-2021, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haste (including worn haste) reduces the reuse time of combat abilities (like flying kick and backstab).

There was a bug for a little while with ragebringer where its haste was not doing this. But that bug was fixed. So feel free to ditch your other lesser haste item after you get rogue epic.
Ah was that the issue? The only reason why I say 41% Haste or more is the way to shorten BS cooldown is because I had heard discussions on the matter. I myself do not have a Rogue to test it out.

Quite a few guild members were saying at the time 41% Haste was needed for cooldown reduction of BS. I remember these discussions because Ragebringer is 40% haste, but a number of rogues specifically wanted 41% Haste items for BS cooldown reduction.

Maybe it has to do with how the server rounds? There may be breakpoints of haste to reduce the skill timer by a second. If the server rounds to the nearest second, that would make sense. You would need to get enough haste to round down to the next second. Anything in-between is basically worthless.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-11-2021 at 12:27 PM..
Old 10-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Kobold

You'll be at the haste cap (100%) regardless if you use a 40% or 41% haste item with enchanter haste on you. So I have no idea what you are talking about sorry.

The bigger issue was that ragebringer had no effect at all on backstab cooldown. That was a bug that required rogues to use another haste item just to reduce it. It was fixed and it is mentioned in the patch notes here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=277618
Old 10-11-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll be at the haste cap (100%) regardless if you use a 40% or 41% haste item with enchanter haste on you. So I have no idea what you are talking about sorry.

The bigger issue was that ragebringer had no effect at all on backstab cooldown. That was a bug that required rogues to use another haste item just to reduce it. It was fixed and it is mentioned in the patch notes here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=277618
I am talking about rogues who are in groups without a class that can haste. Or the odd Rogue that likes to solo. This does happen. Obviously if you are in a raid, or a group with a 58+ enchanter, you only need a 30% haste item to hit cap[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-11-2021 at 12:59 PM..
Old 10-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

Not true. 41% does end up mattering because the best haste by far is VoG which is only 58%. So obviously 99% haste is better than 98% and 99% haste +20atk is better than 1% more haste and no atk.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true. 41% does end up mattering because the best haste by far is VoG which is only 58%. So obviously 99% haste is better than 98% and 99% haste +20atk is better than 1% more haste and no atk.
Very much this. VoG is the normal buff you will receive from a 60 Ench, unless you request otherwise. The +20 ATK is worth having 99% haste instead of 100% haste. And if you REALLY want that last %, you could find a bard friend for Ervaj.