Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 01-17-2022, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Adesanya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Below is the thought progression of a newbie that got farmed and ragequit/blamed everyone else for being bad.

Better luck on your next alt account dork.
The fact that you never add to any discussion but only come to the forums in a lame attempt to troll everything I post, tells everyone how badly I most have stretched your pooper on P99 and what a fucking crybaby you still are about it.

I love it, let the deep rustle overtake your mind! Best part is you are too much of bitch to even post your p99 main, cuz you know I got dem shots of your slainz!
Old 01-19-2022, 07:13 PM
Kobold

Dunno what Ecoli is talking about there is literally a video on youtube of Beastagor (an iksar SK) killing some red con Nihilum iksar SK, who was actually an entire 8 levels higher. Sometimes your just bad I guess
Old 01-20-2022, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno what Ecoli is talking about there is literally a video on youtube of Beastagor (an iksar SK) killing some red con Nihilum iksar SK, who was actually an entire 8 levels higher. Sometimes your just bad I guess
I never said i was good. In fact i said i was bad. Nothing from that statement changes anything about what i wrote about what went wrong with the server, the pitfalls, etc...

Link the video so we can see. Anyway you dont plan a server with a freak occurence. I got rooted and killed in 2-3 hits in cazic by a mage who was past the 4 level range now that you mention it. If thats your idea of something fun that will bring back anyone besides the regular crew of meth heads and cheaters with a sprinkle of no life top 1% percentile PhD EQ nerds, by all means push for it.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-20-2022 at 07:35 AM..
Old 01-22-2022, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level locking on any of the shit box's I've played on has only promoted creating multiple characters. And that sucked because to me because it took away the penalty of dying. Kill someone at Frenzy in lguk and they just log on another capped character somewhere In Norrath to keep farming something else. It's like I don't even exist to them.
This is such a non-point and a lie. You want to dictate how people play on a PVP server, but that's not your decision to make.

Without level caps and character creation caps, on a new server, you get a world where people can do exactly this. You fight them, so they get on an alt or they find another spot to farm. Your point is invalidated when we use the current ruleset.

Even if there was a character creation and level cap, to make sure people were playing one character and not avoiding PVP; which sounds like your reason why you're against level caps. But creating a new way to play, eventually all players at the end of the timeline will reach level cap and make alts regardless. It will end up how ever people find the most fun way to play in that ruleset.

Norrath is big enough to farm other things, you don't get to exist to contest everything. Rulesets to help create new ways to play a pvp server and extend the longevity of a server that typically dies off VS saying how people play in that ruleset, are two different things.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

VZTZ clearly illustrated the difference between a PvP server and a Blue training wheels server masquerading as a PvP server.

Everything in the ruleset of VZTZ was set up to advantage blues who don't actually want to PvP. Minimizing risk of death to those who can't handle it.

1. Dual Boxing: This is the biggest fucking mistake you can do on any PvP server, because without a monetary cost to limit characters, you just gave every player the full range of buffs at all times.

PvP balance was built into EQ with limitations of classes, now every dmg dealer has full Cleric or Shaman buffs and a pocket healer/porter at their disposal at all times. Doubling the numbers of any zerg and decreasing their susceptibility to smaller numbered better skilled players who could address their numbers with superior tactics. Now sheer numbers rule.

2. Group Exp bonus: The guys with the most numbers who would have already lvled faster will now lvl even faster. Experience bonuses are fine but not for a group and the only way to limit the methhead blues is to use the rested system of WoW. But due to the insane lvl of methheads on EQ emus you need to crack the rested system up on high.

Those who take time off and log out start gaining an exp bonus, those who don't start gaining an exp penalty until they literally cannot gain lvls anymore. And this system needs to be BY ACCOUNT not character.

3. No training wheels: VZTZ custom systems were all built to favor blues who lack pvp experience. Like keeping your spell icons when blind, exp pvpers know to use hotkeys to combat blindness, while noobs shit their pants when blind. 30 minute corpse summons also allow powergamer blues to die and come right back, removing the penalty smaller guilds can inflict on the zerg to limit their numbers advantage by denying corpse retrieval.

4. Limiting Bind Locations: When you allow dual boxing so everyone has a porter at their disposal, then there is no purpose to limit bind locations except to protect idiotic blues who would bind in terrible spots and get sniped. It also stops snipers from binding in strategic locations that would hinder the zerg on the move to raid locations.

5. Content locked Progression: This is the ultimate gift to blue zergers who really don't want to pvp. They can rush the content and gear lock out any contestation by treating the server like a race.

Blues only want to pvp if they have an extreme gear advantage to alleviate their handicapped pvp skills(like Kringe, Colgate and Ragnaros, etc.) They will invest huge amounts of time that other people with lives cannot, to get a quick start and keep a power gap on the players they could normally never compete with. Once other players catch up, they will do what blues always do, hide behind superior raid force numbers while pointing to their 2 month server launch accomplishments to ward off the overbearing stench of their manginas.

Content needs to be time locked, 1-2 years classic, 1-2 years kunark etc or the blue powergamers will push so far ahead they cannot be contested.

There is also 20 more zerg gifts built into the box that will guarantee a quick demise of VZTZ. Not to mention terrible coding giving some classes extreme advantages that retards like Naez share with their buddies so they can exploit the already broken system to maximum effect. All and All, the box is a clown show set up for blues to flex in an effort to rewrite the history of Red99, where players like myself effortlessly tapdanced on them and braided their hair as we made them wear pretty collars attached to our firm gripped leashes.
Old 01-23-2022, 02:55 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VZTZ clearly illustrated the difference between a PvP server and a Blue training wheels server masquerading as a PvP server.

Everything in the ruleset of VZTZ was set up to advantage blues who don't actually want to PvP. Minimizing risk of death to those who can't handle it.

1. Dual Boxing: This is the biggest fucking mistake you can do on any PvP server, because without a monetary cost to limit characters, you just gave every player the full range of buffs at all times.

PvP balance was built into EQ with limitations of classes, now every dmg dealer has full Cleric or Shaman buffs and a pocket healer/porter at their disposal at all times. Doubling the numbers of any zerg and decreasing their susceptibility to smaller numbered better skilled players who could address their numbers with superior tactics. Now sheer numbers rule.

2. Group Exp bonus: The guys with the most numbers who would have already lvled faster will now lvl even faster. Experience bonuses are fine but not for a group and the only way to limit the methhead blues is to use the rested system of WoW. But due to the insane lvl of methheads on EQ emus you need to crack the rested system up on high.

Those who take time off and log out start gaining an exp bonus, those who don't start gaining an exp penalty until they literally cannot gain lvls anymore. And this system needs to be BY ACCOUNT not character.

3. No training wheels: VZTZ custom systems were all built to favor blues who lack pvp experience. Like keeping your spell icons when blind, exp pvpers know to use hotkeys to combat blindness, while noobs shit their pants when blind. 30 minute corpse summons also allow powergamer blues to die and come right back, removing the penalty smaller guilds can inflict on the zerg to limit their numbers advantage by denying corpse retrieval.

4. Limiting Bind Locations: When you allow dual boxing so everyone has a porter at their disposal, then there is no purpose to limit bind locations except to protect idiotic blues who would bind in terrible spots and get sniped. It also stops snipers from binding in strategic locations that would hinder the zerg on the move to raid locations.

5. Content locked Progression: This is the ultimate gift to blue zergers who really don't want to pvp. They can rush the content and gear lock out any contestation by treating the server like a race.

Blues only want to pvp if they have an extreme gear advantage to alleviate their handicapped pvp skills(like Kringe, Colgate and Ragnaros, etc.) They will invest huge amounts of time that other people with lives cannot, to get a quick start and keep a power gap on the players they could normally never compete with. Once other players catch up, they will do what blues always do, hide behind superior raid force numbers while pointing to their 2 month server launch accomplishments to ward off the overbearing stench of their manginas.

Content needs to be time locked, 1-2 years classic, 1-2 years kunark etc or the blue powergamers will push so far ahead they cannot be contested.

There is also 20 more zerg gifts built into the box that will guarantee a quick demise of VZTZ. Not to mention terrible coding giving some classes extreme advantages that retards like Naez share with their buddies so they can exploit the already broken system to maximum effect. All and All, the box is a clown show set up for blues to flex in an effort to rewrite the history of Red99, where players like myself effortlessly tapdanced on them and braided their hair as we made them wear pretty collars attached to our firm gripped leashes.
You make some valid points about playstyle differences between Red99 and VZTZ, but there are a lot of rumors you are creating that are simply not true.

There were some horrible bugs that plagued the launch (mostly because we beta tested for a couple of months building from stock eqemu, until last minute inherited the RoZ code and didn't want to push the release date back yet again). I'm happy that we have gotten pretty much all of the janky shit fixed and are now coding the custom features on the roadmap. Voidd is revamping resists and such but everything will need a re-tune anyway once we see what happens in Kunark and the lobbyquesters start lobbying.

But I don't share anything with "my buddies" and don't really have any idea what's going on in game other than the basics of the guild politics (because truly, I don't care). There's not some top secret list of exploitable/buggy things, everything I know about comes from the public bug reports. I make 0 content choices, by choice/design, that's all up to Skeeter and Voidd. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by naez 9000.0; 01-23-2022 at 02:57 AM..
Old 01-23-2022, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is such a non-point and a lie. You want to dictate how people play on a PVP server, but that's not your decision to make.

Without level caps and character creation caps, on a new server, you get a world where people can do exactly this. You fight them, so they get on an alt or they find another spot to farm. Your point is invalidated when we use the current ruleset.

Even if there was a character creation and level cap, to make sure people were playing one character and not avoiding PVP; which sounds like your reason why you're against level caps. But creating a new way to play, eventually all players at the end of the timeline will reach level cap and make alts regardless. It will end up how ever people find the most fun way to play in that ruleset.

Norrath is big enough to farm other things, you don't get to exist to contest everything. Rulesets to help create new ways to play a pvp server and extend the longevity of a server that typically dies off VS saying how people play in that ruleset, are two different things.
Reebz logic is what tanked red originally. He wants to be able to stomp casuals into the ground with them having no other option but to log out, ideally forever. If you set up the server in a way that casuals have a place on it, the healthy pop in itself will make you have targets.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by naez 9000.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make some valid points about playstyle differences between Red99 and VZTZ, but there are a lot of rumors you are creating that are simply not true.

There were some horrible bugs that plagued the launch (mostly because we beta tested for a couple of months building from stock eqemu, until last minute inherited the RoZ code and didn't want to push the release date back yet again). I'm happy that we have gotten pretty much all of the janky shit fixed and are now coding the custom features on the roadmap. Voidd is revamping resists and such but everything will need a re-tune anyway once we see what happens in Kunark and the lobbyquesters start lobbying.

But I don't share anything with "my buddies" and don't really have any idea what's going on in game other than the basics of the guild politics (because truly, I don't care). There's not some top secret list of exploitable/buggy things, everything I know about comes from the public bug reports. I make 0 content choices, by choice/design, that's all up to Skeeter and Voidd. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't start a rumor I used logic to systematically dismantle why your server is a farce of a pvp server that caters to blue carebears who want to wear a cape and not be actual superheroes.

And it's 100% spot on to the point where you can't give one reasonable refute.

and as for you being on the up and up when I still see Cwall and Kringes ballsweat drying on your lips, lol, just lol.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:03 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't start a rumor I used logic to systematically dismantle why your server is a farce of a pvp server that caters to blue carebears who want to wear a cape and not be actual superheroes.

And it's 100% spot on to the point where you can't give one reasonable refute.

and as for you being on the up and up when I still see Cwall and Kringes ballsweat drying on your lips, lol, just lol.
As stated previously I explicitly don't make decisions about design/content/balance/"vision", just help out once the decisions are made to keep the scene alive, so no refutation required.

I just don't understand why you have the impression there's shenanigans going on, or how I get dragged into it. Nobody on staff cares who's the king nerd box winners are. It's a small community everyone knows people in every crew. All of the guilds are constantly trying to find ways to leverage mechanics all on their own. I don't sit around all day looking for that stuff just to secretly share it. Find out later when people QQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2022, 06:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by naez 9000.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As stated previously I explicitly don't make decisions about design/content/balance/"vision", just help out once the decisions are made to keep the scene alive, so no refutation required.

I just don't understand why you have the impression there's shenanigans going on, or how I get dragged into it. Nobody on staff cares who's the king nerd box winners are. It's a small community everyone knows people in every crew. All of the guilds are constantly trying to find ways to leverage mechanics all on their own. I don't sit around all day looking for that stuff just to secretly share it. Find out later when people QQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because I've literally seen Colgate/Cwall cry like a bitch to Sirken for special privilege's throughout his career. When his name got leaked on the forums, his special privilege's got everyone banned including his current guildmate June.

When I raped him in PvP, he cried to Sirken again to have my name changed for being trademarked. He lobbied time and time again in bug reports alongside Nirgon to have tons of custom changes that would help his class.

So maybe if you don't want people to think there isn't some shady shit going on behind the scenes, then don't hang out and guild with people who have a long history of doing shady shit with GM's and Devs behind the scenes.

If you want everyone to think you're a virgin, then you shouldn't hang out with whores who get train ran on them by the entire football team.