Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 11:50 PM
Banned

I haven't logged in. I rp all the time tho.

Irl too.

Life is just one big larp.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Irl too.

Not in awhile. Not logged in a while I can't play enough. Get bored too fast with everyone else just farming for plat or w/e
Old 01-07-2022, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Irl too.

I got to almost level 3 and the only person I saw was some lizard murdering my countrymen in oggok this is bullshit
Old 01-08-2022, 12:00 AM
Banned

Honestly the solution is for people to just stop caring about gear and levels and mob together to do stuff.

Most ppl don't know this. In real classic u could kill guildmasters and stuff. Ppl and Raiders trying to get raid gear bitched tho so npcs got 10k, 100k hp and stuff.

Ppl raiding dragons killed the game.

The dragons should have been worshipped.

Ppl should have faction with them and gone on pilgrimages to them in fine player crafted plate. Bringing gifts like muffins baked from rare gathered ingredients to the dragons as offerings with no expectations of rewards. Like clams gotten from fishing and oats gotten from trading halfling meat to the orcs.

But no.

Everquest had to be about spending months poopsocking a wall to get a robe from a dragon u needed a key to go to. Instead of just putting in more quests for oracle/smr quality robes or robes ppl could craft.

Yep.

Raiding is dumb.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Honestly the solution is for people to just stop caring about gear and levels and mob together to do stuff.

Most ppl don't know this. In real classic u could kill guildmasters and stuff. Ppl and Raiders trying to get raid gear bitched tho so npcs got 10k, 100k hp and stuff.

Ppl raiding dragons killed the game.

The dragons should have been worshipped.

Ppl should have faction with them and gone on pilgrimages to them in fine player crafted plate. Bringing gifts like muffins baked from rare gathered ingredients to the dragons as offerings with no expectations of rewards. Like clams gotten from fishing and oats gotten from trading halfling meat to the orcs.

But no.

Everquest had to be about spending months poopsocking a wall to get a robe from a dragon u needed a key to go to. Instead of just putting in more quests for oracle/smr quality robes or robes ppl could craft.

Yep.

Raiding is dumb.
Doing like kneel emotes and weddings infront of naggy and Vox and taking screenshots. Not hurting dragons and eachother for pixels and "stats" they don't even actually need.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rmsh1fter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got to almost level 3 and the only person I saw was some lizard murdering my countrymen in oggok this is bullshit
Ya. I got lvl25.

Then I was like... killing spiders alone.

And like a million lvl 50s killed all the spiders.

I felt bad about killing the spiders they wanted. So I just chatted with them a bit and said hi an talked about random cool eq stuff like different fun zones we liked and logged. I couldn't bring myself to fight over the spiders.

I went to go lvl somewhere else. Logged out and never came back.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ya. I got lvl25.

Then I was like... killing spiders alone.

And like a million lvl 50s killed all the spiders.

I felt bad about killing the spiders they wanted. So I just chatted with them a bit and said hi an talked about random cool eq stuff like different fun zones we liked and logged. I couldn't bring myself to fight over the spiders.

I went to go lvl somewhere else. Logged out and never came back.
Mostly cuz I kinda felt like the only thing I could do was get more gear and levels and I realized thatd Mostly be what I was doing anyway and alone.

Then I realized how bad other ppl wanted that gear and levels so I decided to read a book instead or play a single player game so I wouldn't bother the ppl playing eq like its a job. Or their life.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

We should start a true classic guild.

Vendor gear ONRY
Tradeskilling encouraged, this includes fishing
Weekly adventures with the guild (this is not raiding, just poking around a new dungeon/ zone with pals, not using maps, seeing what we can see)
Sweet guild meeting point. In real classic my guild met at the noob log in nektulos for meetings
No wiki allowed; no meta thinking, just play the game
Role playing mandatory

It will be a simple, honest, and very fulfilling life
Old 01-08-2022, 12:36 AM
Banned

start with nothing hustle mentality character
do it
Old 01-08-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

In 1999 people weren't asking for classic. Isn't asking for classic... not classic?!?!