Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

I thought it was HK "High Keep" and HP "High Pass?" Not "HHK" I'm confused irl. Can someone please clear this up for me, since that is more important than whose fucking goblin was stolen.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it was HK "High Keep" and HP "High Pass?" Not "HHK" I'm confused irl. Can someone please clear this up for me, since that is more important than whose fucking goblin was stolen.
The true names are "Highhold Pass" (easiest abbreviation is HP), and "High Keep," (easiest abbreviation is HK). If you actually zone into those places, those are what the names are.

Yeah, it's always bugged me, too - Highhold Keep always sounded so redundant, but I made the mistake for a while, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made the mistake for a while, too...
that's fair enough, but 12 years of it is a long enough grace period. Let's start calling people fucking retards.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

I'm fairly sure it's Highpass Hold, not Highhold Pass
Old 02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

HHK goblins are 1 camp, if the group can keep them all dead. If not, somebody can come claim Raider room or whatnot. It's common sense. If the group can't keep up with the spawn, obviously they are trying to bite off more than they can chew. In this case, the group DID have control. If all mobs are dead, then you're a fucking dickhead if you are trying to move in and claim their camped mobs. There's empty dungeons out there, go somewhere else. Don't ride a successful group's coat-tails for your soloing agenda. You're leeching their experience.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 02-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fairly sure it's Highpass Hold, not Highhold Pass
Oops, you're right. See :P I get them confused, too, even after personally verifying them last year...

Apparently I'm a retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

You know this isn't LIVE and these days people know how to play(most of the time) which means they can hold the whole basement and continue killing and soon as mobs pop they get them and clear it. So taking rooms is a prick move. A single group can hold the area for hours on their own keeping it clear. So why mess with them? It's a camp, the player base totally agrees it's a whole camp. Its great exp mid 20's and up.

Just a prick move. to take the best exp down there from the group while they kill DB's and LB's. If you're soloing a 3 spawn in HHK, you should probably not be playing the game. Can't find a group eh? Lame.

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Sarnak

There's not even enough mobs in there to keep 1 decent group completely busy. The thought of 2 or more groups down there is just loltastic
Old 12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Aviak

The toon I play most often now did nearly 10 levels in HHK, and fairly recently, so a lot of the comments on this thread caught me by surprise.

Regardless of what happened in live, IF there's a full group in the basement, AND they are killing all the spawns, it is ONE camp and anyone trying to move into it is a jerk. There are only 16 mobs in the whole basement, and a full group of appropriate level can easily kill all of them.

Keep in mind that the player base here is very different from the player base in live - in general the people who come back a decade later to play again are going to be mostly among the top 10% skilled players from live servers, and a room with 3 mobs every half hour is not going to be fun for them.

In general - whatever the rules may technically be - any person moving into an area that is already being cleared by people who are getting XP from the camp is simply wrong to do so. If I saw anyone try such a maneuver I would be very loath to assist them in any way in the future - and claiming that the rules supported the jerkwad maneuver would compound the infraction rather than mitigate it. There's simply no excuse for it, especially in a game that essentially exists for nostalgia purposes.

That said, there's another situation that should also be addressed, which is the high level camper. If you've got a character in a place where everything is green to you and you are farming loot, you should move on if an XP group comes and wants the camp. Bottom feeding is fine - I do it myself on occasion - however, be halfway decent to others and let those who gain XP in the zone have first dibs. The dungeon was meant for what the XP group is doing; if you are item farming a green zone for cash it's rude not to defer to the people who have a much more valid reason to be there.

There's one camp in particular which is designed for level 45 or so, which almost 100% of the time has a level 60 item farmer present. If you're that guy farming it all the time, keep in mind that every time you are there when a group wants it, you have six people putting down your name in the "rude, jerk - do not assist" column.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianlo1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, Verant said camps dont exist. KSing was frowned upon, not against the rules. Highest dps ruled. Thats classic. Fuck these camp rules.
I agree with this. If you want to ruin your repuation by not being friendly. My rule of thumb is if I can see there is a full group killing shit nearby, I go elsewhere. If I do kill something they think is in their camp, I just apologize for not knowing and move on. Most people aren't dicks about it.
Closed Thread