Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derp derp.

Dun-duh-duh

Beep brrrm lock it down forever.

Derp

Breath through your nose.

Beep-boop

Shim's not wearing zer mask!

Derp

What does an economy matter, when we're saving lives!

Derp

At least weeds legal, and essential business!
Do you not breath through your nose? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’re paying $30 / hr for people to do nothing, hardly bootstraps

But I agree that prioritizing the economy over american lives is pretty gay
Whoosh. What savings?

So you propose we prioritize american lives over the economy? Oh sure, just wondering what your personal threshold is. Last year we lost a 1000 construction workers, should we shut down the housing industry over it? I mean 1000 is a lot! We lost 460 waste management guys. You feel aight about processing your own garbage from now on?

Do you have a number in your head? Like how many covid deaths per day are ok to keep the barbershops open? Or is this a general feeling that something must be done and we are doing something so therefore we should be doing that thing?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

There are shades between complete lockdown and fully open economy. The point is to adapt the degree of lockdown to keep medical facilities from being overwhelmed which would cause unnecessary death, meanwhile minimising socioeconomic impacts of those preventative measures.

It’s not really that different to not going back to work for two days after an upset stomach. Precaution to prevent the spread of illness. You’re employer is incentivised to give sick pay as to not ruin the productivity of the workforce with uncontrolled infection.

Regarding construction deaths, where I’m from this is a big issue and it is being addressed: unsafe work practices are clamped down on, workers are given the right (and duty) to refuse to work in unsafe conditions, and the entire industry is having a culture change which is saving lives.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Car accidents commuting to work. Lets all stay home and masterbate and get loaded on pills and booze. Safety bull shit inflates the fuck out of construction costs its now unreasonable to build things in certain places unless u are alrady rich
Old 05-28-2020, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Car accidents commuting to work. Lets all stay home and masterbate and get loaded on pills and booze. Safety bull shit inflates the fuck out of construction costs its now unreasonable to build things in certain places unless u are alrady rich
One time I drove on the highway, came home, suddenly cars were flying through the walls. It was pretty crazy. Like, how'd I bring all these cars home? Isn't that weird?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time I drove on the highway, came home, suddenly cars were flying through the walls. It was pretty crazy. Like, how'd I bring all these cars home? Isn't that weird?
Like the Kool-Aid guy? Except instead of doling out Kool-Aid, he was doling out beerskis from his half finished 30-pack of BL.

That's awesome.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding construction deaths, where I’m from this is a big issue and it is being addressed: unsafe work practices are clamped down on, workers are given the right (and duty) to refuse to work in unsafe conditions, and the entire industry is having a culture change which is saving lives.
It's almost like without regulations people will disregard human lives for profit and its been shown throughout history that this unanimously always happens. Until they're explicitly told they aren't allowed to because that shit is insane.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do we do if the baby poops in the tub? 💩
Old 05-28-2020, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like the Kool-Aid guy? Except instead of doling out Kool-Aid, he was doling out beerskis from his half finished 30-pack of BL.

That's awesome.
You ever have a rum-lite? Shot or two of your favorite rum, pour a bud-lite in. Not bad, not great, but not bad.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’re paying $30 / hr for people to do nothing, hardly bootstraps

But I agree that prioritizing the economy over american lives is pretty gay
99% of americans have 0 savings because they are stupid as fuck
Closed Thread