Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I'm tempted to play a Bard on the side there. I just know that if I start and people come kill me for absolutely no reason, I'm gonna be not happy about it.
I run around without /anon turned on and don't really have a problem with it.

The low pop is a blessing in disguise, there aren't really (m)any greifers these days but the global ooc makes it possible to find groups at any level (most people have a few alts to cover the entire 1-60 range).
Old 05-30-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

I don't like having Anon on, surprisingly. I like people being able to see what class and level I am, incase someone wants me for a party.

I can understand some people wanting to have it on, but why almost every single Druid on the entire Blue server has it turned on boggles me.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

They are scared of being asked to do a teleport or cast buffs like sow and potg.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are scared of being asked to do a teleport or cast buffs like sow and potg.
That's their job though. If you didn't want to do your job, why play that class? I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but if I'm a bard and I'm asked to pull for the group, I'm not gonna say no or I can't, because that's my job. It's something a Bard is good at and is expected to do.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 05-30-2020 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-30-2020, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“With a friend or 2”

On Red? Sure you are. Staff, I found the boxer (unless it’s permitted on Red not sure)
Dont slander my name kid i never have boxed on p99.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's their job though. If you didn't want to do your job, why play that class? I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but if I'm a bard and I'm asked to pull for the group, I'm not gonna say no or I can't, because that's my job. It's something a Bard is good at and is expected to do.
Playing Devil's Advocate here, yes... in a group. A group you've presumably agreed to join. Perhaps the druid just wants to quad kite for a bit before going to bed. Are you going to agree to pull with your bard for some random full group in the zone where you are soloing because that's your job?

I mean druids that WANT to be port/buff jockies for the entire server population all join DaP, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2020, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If they're in a group their groupmates know what they are so they don't need to advertise their class, so anon is fine.

If they're not in a group, they have no contract with you, so it is not necessarily their job, they don't need to advertise, so anon is fine.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

/Anon on Druids? Not desirable, but the environment warrants it. Too many socially stunted shut-ins or entitled millennials in the P99 community who can't tolerate being told, "No, I'm busy," and instead proceed to harass and act all belligerent when they don't get what they want at a moment's notice.

Danth
Old 05-30-2020, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Lol yeah, play on red.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Haha, thanks for the laugh.

A job! Hahahahaha.

How truly terrible this game would be if some completely bogus theory of obligation ruled every decision.
Closed Thread