Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh, this community is getting worse....
No it’s not.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was assuming the "5%" took that into consideration. If there is a 60% spawn with a 5% drop, then we should be using something closer to 3%. However, from everyone continuously being on the /list, I've been told that about 2 stones drop per day. So I'm guessing the 5% takes into consideration the 50 or 60% spawn chance.

It may be that it is 60% with an 8% drop rate. This produces a 4.8% probability of a stone every 28 minutes, which is really close to the 5% stated earlier.

Can anyone produce better spawn and/or drop rates?
theres a couple data points for you in here

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=342763
Old 12-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ugh, this community is getting worse....
lol is that a joke? Were you around during the earlier years of the project? Things are downright peachy compared to back then.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Jeff has lost all hope. Not surprised.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Jeff was one of the most optimistic, hopeful, seething-with-positivity posters here... to see him finally beat down and defeated is disheartening.

It's like when the new guy at work eventually loses his bright-eyed enthusiasm and you feel s ever so slight sense of personal victory and validation because he has finally started bitching about the status quo and leaving upper deckers in the executive bathroom like everyone else.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

If there's one thing this server got 100% classic, it's the Neverrest experience.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a rant because the % chance to drop hasn't been touched in 9 years.
Get in touch with the dev that did the Red and Blue launch here, and let me know if it was the same drop rate here. Manastone dropped like candy on Red. I should know. I was there.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Farmed several manastones on blue... Some took 20+ hours to get. Some took 8. I remember replacing someone who sat at the camp for 26 hours without a stone. I took the camp and back to back dropped, derp. Then nothing for 20 hours.

Just my personal experience.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farmed several manastones on blue... Some took 20+ hours to get. Some took 8. I remember replacing someone who sat at the camp for 26 hours without a stone. I took the camp and back to back dropped, derp. Then nothing for 20 hours.

Just my personal experience.
Everyone says it didn't drop yet...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Aviak

Been on blue since week 2. So however long it took me to get to level 35-40. I didn't level like it was an Olympic event like some people doing now, but it was available if not right away, soon after. There were so many stones, people use to trade them for Robe of the Isvha and Yaks. We had around 300 online during primetime. 100 or less during off hours.

I specifically killed EE using Whirl till ya Hurl which use to be unresistable at the start (bugged) I wasn't even 40 yet.

Rez effects use to be disspellable and DA tanking was rampant. And if you had Scimitar of the Mistwalker, you were just a god (summoned level 52 pet that hit for 200+, lol)

Grats Giganto.
Closed Thread