Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had Trampage not wiped to CT instead of going for Vulak, Hoku woulda looted the Gharns.
Personally I'm glad we should get essence lens, some best twink items and melee ears are hard to come by. Since sleeper is lvl 5 accessible that's dope twink stuff.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I'm glad we should get essence lens, some best twink items and melee ears are hard to come by. Since sleeper is lvl 5 accessible that's dope twink stuff.
So really we should all be thanking you.

Id love to junk my key asap.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So really we should all be thanking you.

Id love to junk my key asap.
All mine as well. I'd love to leave the zone.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkanon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play EQ for people and dynamics; for the strategy and push and pull of our community. The loot, advancement and achievement is the substance through which we live out these dynamics, but it is the dynamics that really make this game. We all invest alot of our lives in this. As such, Bbeta's response makes sense. The very real way that went down has lasting implications and reverberations on the people of this server.

It is worth noting that the Sleeper was awakened under these conditions and that it was a massive effectual impact on those who had invested in this server, this space and this reality. Perhaps you are not as invested, perhaps the inter-personal, emotional and strategic minutea do not impact you. I do not think it is an exaggeration to say that most of us who are still here are profoundly effected by these qualities in some way or another. Like it or not, this is a significant aspect of our social world. To diminish the impact of that reality does not seem particularly wise or thoughtful to me.

Of course I am open to differing opinions on this. Just uninspired by thoughtless brevity in responses to people's thoughtful input...
The Sleeper is necessary for any of this? It's a fraction of a fraction more content than what is already available. Go to RnF and find the 28 page thread on Crookstinger. Clearly one doesn't need the Sleeper to be emotionally invested in this server. Hell, if it's inter-personal and strategic minutea that you're really interested in, take a page out of A-Team's book, get a few friends together and come up with strategies to do the hard content with a handful of people. If it's about getting inspects in EC tunnel, tinted armor will do that.

But it's probably just about wanting pixels you can't have. Level up on Green and ride some coattails or start your own server with blackjack and hookers if you want warder loot.

Resetting Sleeper on Blue is silly seeing as they're basically already doing that with Green.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Don't reset sleeper. Its one of the biggest known facts about classic EQ that he's a 'one shot' kind of mob.... The one and only mob to function the way he does.

Its beautiful and Its magicial. Please don't ruin that for the sake of a couple cry babies who didn't get warder loot.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-05-2020, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Sleeper is necessary for any of this? It's a fraction of a fraction more content than what is already available. Go to RnF and find the 28 page thread on Crookstinger. Clearly one doesn't need the Sleeper to be emotionally invested in this server. Hell, if it's inter-personal and strategic minutea that you're really interested in, take a page out of A-Team's book, get a few friends together and come up with strategies to do the hard content with a handful of people. If it's about getting inspects in EC tunnel, tinted armor will do that.

But it's probably just about wanting pixels you can't have. Level up on Green and ride some coattails or start your own server with blackjack and hookers if you want warder loot.

Resetting Sleeper on Blue is silly seeing as they're basically already doing that with Green.
Is it necessary? No. Is there a solid argument why not to? Haven't seen one yet. Any content that can fit into the server relative to aesthetic and goal that can be added will create more experiences. I understand that many are pixel obsessed. Believe it or not, we are not all motivated by that. It is the currency of achievement in this game but not the reason. What makes pixels earned in EQ different than every other experience in every other game? The people and the strategy. After all, the pixels were essentially outdated even when they were launched 20 years ago.

I do appreciate you for bringing something requiring more than 2 firing neurons to type. The idea of attempting to tackle existing targets with less people and more efficiency fits right into the spirit of what I am expressing. That's the stuff. I think it is a great idea, and, I do not see that as an argument to not have the full spectrum of available content at our fingertips as well.

What surprises me the most, and I am happy for the reflection, is how much "meh" there is. Granted, exponentially more folks are for it, the ones who are "meh" or trolling the negative post 4x more frequently in this thread, in proper troll fashion.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't reset sleeper. Its one of the biggest known facts about classic EQ that he's a 'one shot' kind of mob.... The one and only mob to function the way he does.

Its beautiful and Its magicial. Please don't ruin that for the sake of a couple cry babies who didn't get warder loot.
"cry babies who didn't get warder loot." Once again missing the point. It seems like every dissenting voice I hear has an obsession with the "warder loot" as a focus. Also, this "magical" event you speak of was created with the knowledge that in mere MONTHS you would have Luclin and PoP on its heels. And the Ancients were added in short order on Live.

Here we are years and years later. Utterly outside of any intention or strategy that would have ever been implemented by anyone relative to this game. It is false-classic to the max. To keep things at the Velious ceiling (which I love, BTW) for ever, but to not reset all possible Velious encounters occasionally makes no sense in any logical world.

Thus far the only factor that anyone has given for not doing so is along the lines of "cry babies who got no Warder loot". Which misses the point and spirit of the thing altogether. Yes, more folks would get Warder loot. Perhaps strip down the loot table? Perhaps beef up the warder encounters? Or just let the encounter exist again after years and years in the only semblance of reason that I can see within the logical constraints of the project.

The point is content, raid opportunities and the full Velious experience. I would like to see the numbers, but I bet over 90% of the existing blue player base was not even around when there were Warders.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Developer

I bet if Sleeper was reset, it would be woke within 24 hrs.

AK had a broken Sleeper. So takp has permanent ST 1.0. So many Sods. Still sell for 50k. But still fun.

Rip ST. Play green. Likely will never see ST before Sleeper woke. So prepare the tears.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

reset sleeper and warders (with no loot, or with random other god loot but not limited sleeper loot)

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 02-05-2020, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet if Sleeper was reset, it would be woke within 24 hrs.

AK had a broken Sleeper. So takp has permanent ST 1.0. So many Sods. Still sell for 50k. But still fun.

Rip ST. Play green. Likely will never see ST before Sleeper woke. So prepare the tears.
How fast your reckon he will be woken on Green?
Closed Thread