Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Orc

Default Followup

Some of the comments to this seem to be focused just on the higher-level chars so I thought I'd take a look just at that distribution.

One thing I notice is that the proportion of 40+ characters online in the Green server increased a bit during the four days last week that I was taking the samples. I sampled twice Wed evening, twice Thu evening, once Fri evening, and twice on Sat afternoon and evening. The total number of players in-game increased sharply over those samples, from 866 and 865 on Wed evening to 1,113 on Sat evening. (*)

I assume that's normal, more people play P99 on weekends. However the percentage of those live who were playing a 40+ toon also increased a bit: from around 30% in midweek to 35% on Sat evening. That may be a small pandemic-lockdown effect: players being online more and leveling their toons up.

Looking across the 7 samples just at 40+ characters, here are the percentages of those that belonged to each class:

DRU 18%
ENC 15%
CLR 11%
SHM 10%
MAG 9%
NEC 8%
MNK 5%
SK 4%
BRD 4%
WAR 4%
ROG 4%
PAL 3%
WIZ 3%
RNG 3%

(*) The server populations listed on server-list screen do not equate to players actually in-game, those totals include players who are at the character-select screen. I found a fairly consistent difference of around 10 to 12 percent e.g., if the Green server was listed with a population of 1,200 that turned out to mean around 1,060 players actually in the game.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:10 AM
Aviak

also doesn't account for anon/roleplay, which alot of farmers often are. its safe to assume the % of solo classes is even higher than your figures
Old 03-23-2020, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also doesn't account for anon/roleplay, which alot of farmers often are. its safe to assume the % of solo classes is even higher than your figures
The "/who all count" command returns anon/roleplay players. Hence it gives an accurate value.

In general the numbers follow traditional trends for this game and era. Druids are virtually always the most popular class in this game, through any server or game era. I can't remember a time on "Blue" during the past decade when it wasn't most popular. Keep in mind however that most of those Druids are regarded as alts--only a minority of Druid players pick the class and play it as a main character.

Danth
Old 03-23-2020, 09:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinetter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about Kunark brings melees up relative to casters?
So there are many things-
New gear, so all the old elite gear becomes much cheaper an easier to buy an to acquire because all the camping azzhats will move to kunark, many players will finally have a chance to camp for those higher level items themselves, or finally buy that 2H mith that was 20k an now its 100pp, lol.

New gear that's on par with or better than planar gear that can be bought, most planar gear is no drop. So it's now slowly making elite classic sellable gear obsolete and those planar equip toons are depressing the market now trying to desperately get rid of it before kunark when its worthless, when kunark hits the bottom will drop out. This is why 2H Miths went from 20k to 5k now. Buying high level Kunark gear and twinking a new level 1 melee is like a rite of passage. If you haven't done it before, you're in for a treat.

The biggest change though are the melee disciplines, all melee, even hybrids get disciplines that are basically like free spells with short and or long cool downs at 51st to 60th level. This is what makes most melee outclass most of the casters very significantly, if used with the proper gear of course.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Rogues at 4% makes me so sad, give one a try
Old 03-24-2020, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues at 4% makes me so sad, give one a try
aren't rogues actually the most boring class to play in the whole game?
Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Rogues are the most vibing class to play in a group. Ymmv.

Rogues are a lot of fun in that they can sneak almost anywhere, however.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues are the most vibing class to play in a group. Ymmv.

Rogues are a lot of fun in that they can sneak almost anywhere, however.
Best group I have been in on Green, bar none, had a KILLER rogue (mid 30s). I think the group was:

Ench, Sham, Rog, Bard(me), Dru, ?? (can't remember the last player). The Rogue was BSing for up to 170. We weren't even breaking a sweat.

I've been thinking about starting a Dwarf Rogue, and that experience only made it more appealing.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aren't rogues actually the most boring class to play in the whole game?
Shut up! You might summon Cecily!
Old 03-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shut up! You might summon Cecily!
If I quote you you'll have posted that name twice to this thread and it won't be my fault at all, nope.
Closed Thread