Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Release early to give us something to do?
Yes 16 17.98%
No 73 82.02%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 07:00 PM
Banned

why: :? you are crying for content thats why

it took a year or more for players to hit 50 on real classic, you losers do it in a week because you are power gamers. Do something else
Old 03-23-2020, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Because of the quarantine measures, some people have unprecedented hours to play EQ.

Other people can’t play at all because they work in the medical field, or in a job that provides in-demand supplies, or they’re taking care of their kids at home all day. It would be unfair to this group to deny them content.

But really...here’s the one true answer, straight from Lord Nilbog’s pen on September 19, 2019:

Quote:
The server will then progress through all patches on the same timeline as Everquest's original launch, all the way up to the last patch in Velious.
With this in mind, kindly No-vote this thread into oblivion where it belongs. We’re at 7 Yes, 34 No at the time of this post...I call on the denizens of this forum to get us to a 1:9 ratio.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Remember when Velious didn't come out? ...and then didn't come out some more?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2020, 03:09 AM
Kobold

Holy fuck, do something else rather than play EQ
Old 03-24-2020, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

No.

What's with all these guys wanting the server to do shit because there's a virus outside.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

What's with all these guys wanting the server to do shit because there's a virus outside.
Oh if it wasn't this excuse it would be another. You've been here long enough to be familiar with the drill.

"We NEED feature outside the scope of the project because REASONS".
Old 03-24-2020, 06:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy fuck, do something else rather than play EQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it took a year for players to hit 50 on real classic, you losers do it in a week because you are power gamers. Do something else
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 03-24-2020, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did.

I didn't.

No it's not.
What is your point then? You said 'give us something to do', and from that we infer that you are bored. I for one completely support your idea of screwing everybody else over now that YOU are done, though. Plus, who cares that the express purpose of this server is to reflect a particular time evolution and volunteers have put in tens of thousands of hours to make it as accurate as possible, if YOU are bored, then screw 'em. (I capitalize YOU because I figure that's how it sounds in your head.) Voted YES, a thousand times YES. Would vote again.

Yaas...incoming 'explanation' about how it would not either screw everybody over to release Kunark, if they don't want to play Kunark they can stay in classic, yaddah yaddah. /snore
Old 03-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why: :? you are crying for content thats why

it took a year or more for players to hit 50 on real classic, you losers do it in a week because you are power gamers. Do something else
Here is an idea for a server. Not sure how hard it would be to implement....

Start with launch conditions. Pick a number of characters: 10, 100, 1000, I don't know. When that many character reach a certain point (level 49, level 50, I don't know), release Kunark. Repeat and release Velious. See how fast the whole progression goes. When done, start the whole thing over again, wiping the original server.

Sounds like that is what some of these people want anyway. If it were up to them, we would be on Velious2 by now. RPing? MMO? Nah, it's just a video game. See how many quarters it takes to master the game.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many words.
But you needed something to do
Closed Thread