Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Default Clockwork in Qeynos

So, I was playing around with a new alt and leveling in Qeynos Aqueducts. I saw and killed a clockwork rat. Dropped nothing. I have never heard of a clockwork in Qeynos before. Only saw it once while killing what appeared to be its placeholder about 100 times.

Anyone ever heard of this before? It is not in the wiki.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:43 PM
Banned

Me either, that is really cool!
Old 04-13-2020, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I was playing around with a new alt and leveling in Qeynos Aqueducts. I saw and killed a clockwork rat. Dropped nothing. I have never heard of a clockwork in Qeynos before. Only saw it once while killing what appeared to be its placeholder about 100 times.

Anyone ever heard of this before? It is not in the wiki.
Neat! Sometimes people just don't think to, care to, or know that they can add it to the wiki themselves. I found a giant rat that spawns in blackburrow that wasn't on the wiki recently. There is a lot of work yet to do!
Old 04-13-2020, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Allakazam (or however you spell it) does mention it, but not much detail. I always thought the P99 wiki was basically a dump of Allakazam, since most of the text is a verbatim copy.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:52 PM
Banned

It probably is the clockwork tower, I believe, feel, like it is a secret ploy to secretely warp people into gnomish clockwarks for King Ak'anons cybermagic armies.
Old 04-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Out of curiosity, was it pathing, or the ph that you were killing, does it path around in a circle in the area in front of Bait Masterson?
Old 04-13-2020, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, was it pathing, or the ph that you were killing, does it path around in a circle in the area in front of Bait Masterson?
What have I done!? Will the aqueducts be plagued by people coming down here in search of the clockwork? Should I withhold any info until I have spawned it a few times and found what it could drop?

Oh no's!

Anyway, no, it wasn't near Bait. But, hints from Allakazam suggest it can spawn in different places. It was in the same spot as another G.I Ant rat spawn, but I cut it down before it could path. Next time, I will go all Jane Goodall on it and observed its behavior. Is there a helmet that has a graphic like a pith helmet anywhere in the game? And khakis. I need to be wearing khakis.

Maybe Jane Goodall isn't the right role model to use. Perhaps Marlin Perkins is a better one. Any volunteers for a Jim Fowler sidekick?
Old 04-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2020, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

Clock work rat, Named froglock and one of the Trumpy Dwarf wanders down there. The area with the smugglers.

They do not dropping anything but standard coin for those level mobs, from what i rem

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 04-13-2020, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What have I done!? Will the aqueducts be plagued by people coming down here in search of the clockwork? Should I withhold any info until I have spawned it a few times and found what it could drop?

Oh no's!

Anyway, no, it wasn't near Bait. But, hints from Allakazam suggest it can spawn in different places. It was in the same spot as another G.I Ant rat spawn, but I cut it down before it could path. Next time, I will go all Jane Goodall on it and observed its behavior. Is there a helmet that has a graphic like a pith helmet anywhere in the game? And khakis. I need to be wearing khakis.

Maybe Jane Goodall isn't the right role model to use. Perhaps Marlin Perkins is a better one. Any volunteers for a Jim Fowler sidekick?
Turtle shell helm n gorilla hide mask, leggings. Make sure to go top less n show it your hair less pecks.
Closed Thread