Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Better than making a macro for sense heading and having to spam it manually all the time (which is what I've always done every time personally though) is probably to set up an alternate bind to a movement key that will automatically level up sense heading for you just as you move around (explained at the bottom here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Sense_Heading)
Old 04-16-2020, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The classic experience is to have auto attack just on while you dope around town and eventually try to interact with an NPC, where you will now need to return to, to CR

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]People actually did that? Ran around with the battle music constantly playing?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2020, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Better than making a macro for sense heading and having to spam it manually all the time (which is what I've always done every time personally though) is probably to set up an alternate bind to a movement key that will automatically level up sense heading for you just as you move around (explained at the bottom here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Sense_Heading)
Yeah, I stated that was an advanced technique. But really, I just added Sense Heading to my hot key bar and spammed it with a new alt I just created. Got it up to 200 by level 4, so much faster than binding it to "move forward" like I've done in the past. Especially for casters, that sit down a lot, just spamming it while medding is so fast.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]People actually did that? Ran around with the battle music constantly playing?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My battle music was off by default in the OG game install before Kunark. I found the option by accident and turned it on months later to be suprised by the music [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2020, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Best race for a rogue?
Old 04-17-2020, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Eyepatch Barbarian, Eyepatch human, Dwarf with 1 eye, Halfling.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Gnome for wall vision. Can illusion to larger race by level 5 or so with a de mask.

And can wear robes.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best race for a rogue?
Barbarian for sure.

But you can really play whatever fashion you want as STR is super easy to come by. Yea STA is nice, but meh.

I'll probably roll a dark elf for the lulz.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a couple options you can use for in game maps, but I'm not sure how well they work under Linux. They both operate by reading your log file so you'll need to enable logging and bind one of your movement keys to do a /loc (and optionally sense heading).

The maps will display in a different window other than your game window, and will put a little arrow on the map and your orientation based on where you are and where you're pointing. It sounds like this might be helpful for you.

One is called nparse, that one has spell timers built in as well so you can see when your buffs/dots are wearing off. The one I prefer is called ZLiz as it uses the old EQAtlas maps which just look better.

Hey, a big thank-you for posting this! I've got ZlizEQMap installed now and it's great.

(Tried nparse first, but Webroot antivirus flagged its executable as compromised and deleted it with prejudice.)
Old 04-17-2020, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ashamed to admit, still on lvl 1. Not much time for play, maybe tomorrow I get few hours in.

I have 2 kills/wins so far and 4 deaths. With body chased far away and I have no clue where. So I created new toon. Clicked on guard, to see if there is something interactive with him and it was. He killed me on the spot! lol That's how I got 4th death.

Druid starts with thick skin protection buff, heal and weapon. I was sure that will be enough to mop with the creatures. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Here comes by Klaknak Drone (i think), I attacked and he would not die. At least not before me. Looks like it is not the weakest one. After i re-spawned, I figured out, there are creatures more equal to my lvl. So I eagerly attacked one. Only to found out I had no spells, no weapon... Then I recalled, I did read about it, I should go to my corpse first, duh! Died second time.

OK got to my corpse, got my stuff back, buffed up and I was ready. Finally!

Bat! My level. Easy peasy if I can reach him. Snake, my level, killed both. Then next snake, running away, I was chasing it when some player fly by me.

Come to find out, it was not a player, but some bloodlust Bixie Drone. I started to run toward the guards. Little problem was, I had no clue where guards were. Can I outrun it? I tried, running some one minute or so. Who knows where. Then he cougth me. Third death.

After that I'm standing next to guards, thinking what to do next. Corpse is who knows where... Someone probably noticed my struggles and he traded me nice, blue pair of gloves. (I wrote your name down, good soul, will try to pay back some time in the future).

Gloves looks nice. No way I was going to search for my corpse miles away. I would die again and lose gloves. (at that time I didn't know if there is bank around or where it would be) So I created new toon, that guard killed on the spot for right clicking on him. One day i will be back and then this guard will see all the marbles!

Then I ran out of playing time. Can my first toon send gloves via email to second toon? Or is there a way to share items through bank slot? In the mean time I found bank, so i can save gloves in it, if I decide to go search my corpse with first toon. But bare hands, no food/drink for regens, not knowing where I died, I'm not that inclined to go this route.

Anyway, fun start lol I will remember this one :-)

p.s.
Have some tweaking to do. Computer completely froze solid during the game. Only reset helped. That's not good, can add to my deaths count, so i need to experiment and figure out how to get more stable system.

p.p.s.
I see (you tube video) some players have compass at top of the screen. I need to get one, first priority. (or are those videos from blue server, is compass available on green server?)
LOL this is hilarious! Congrats on those experiences, and welcome to the game newbie!
Closed Thread