Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 07:03 PM
Banned

You will just end up PvPing via FTE and camp dispute train petition questing on blue.

Skip that step, build a main on red, use that main to build alts and help free others to adventure on red by running tours through lguk.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:13 PM
Banned

Though life may make this next phrase come back around to be annoying to me later. Once you stop caring if you die to someone on a game it is very freeing. I am sure there will always be some amount of me having envy for being a bad pvper but I think to some degree, hopefully, forever, it wont bother me so much. I know this is blasphemy to EQ but this game really is just a nerdy game for people pretending to be elves. But if we didn't pretend to be elves, (or dwarves.) then all nerds would be is Darth Vader. Though darth vader is definitely cool, maybe we need to be nerdy elves, for life to be balanced. I feel when I play EQ with pvp, items have more feel to them and you have a higher sense of accomplishment.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Banned

You can always be a kind elf. Red needs those. Blue doesn't. Plenty of sith lords and mace questers on blue green.

Red is where genuine care and kindness matter. Not where it's arbitrarily mandatory.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

The Red server is *checks notes* Dead.... Its Dead go to Blue.

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk
Shinken 52 Vox Monk
Old 12-15-2020, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Though life may make this next phrase come back around to be annoying to me later. Once you stop caring if you die to someone on a game it is very freeing. I am sure there will always be some amount of me having envy for being a bad pvper but I think to some degree, hopefully, forever, it wont bother me so much. I know this is blasphemy to EQ but this game really is just a nerdy game for people pretending to be elves. But if we didn't pretend to be elves, (or dwarves.) then all nerds would be is Darth Vader. Though darth vader is definitely cool, maybe we need to be nerdy elves, for life to be balanced. I feel when I play EQ with pvp, items have more feel to them and you have a higher sense of accomplishment.
I came to red99 looking to play rallos zek style. On rallos zek, there were anti PK's, and there were PK's. Anti PK's were most of the server, and they frowned upon cold blooded murder. I liked doing low level PVP stuff when orcs were still a threat. Flowers of happiness style and FOH wasn't all about swamp legends it was a guild any bad guy could get into if they chose to be in the most hated guild on the server, being FOH tagged on rallos meant you were KOS to everyone else on the entire server because you were a known PK scumbag.

On Red99, it turned out everyone came over with way POST 1999 game ethics and came to "win" not to quest. They played like it was WOW or whatever, or maybe they were all just dedicated PK guys looking to crush it the old way. Either way there was no organic Anti PK / PK environment it was just pretty hateful with EXP loss on PVP death , no penalty for the PK player since he couldn't lose any items and wasn't trying to level up EXP so no loss there.

In response I just decided to be a good guy because trying to find the 1 or 2 people trying to level up on red99 and murder them when they were 10% HP due to fighting a mob just isn't the same when you're talking about limited amount of new players that just won't come back.

I dunno. Plus I chose a cleric and we aren't that great at murder.

Red99 is the best. All p99 servers have full blown psychopaths but server rulesets wise and petition quest wise, red99 is way better.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:49 PM
Banned

I had no problem on red and didn't see any imbalance. I didn't do much high level stuff though. I think EQ in this form may have an easy imbalance at high level. As many have said though, this game was not designed to be a pvp game. I just quit playing because I felt pressure people were prying into my life and telling people I live in a fake dimension or existence is dangerous enough. People could lock a person up forever for that. I'm sure there is not much worse of a life, than being a "normal" person and being locked up forever in a non-real existence.
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 12-15-2020 at 07:59 PM..
Old 12-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Hey Ret not sure what you're describing but yes at high level the balance comes from groups. Casters are pretty weak on their own when everyone has lots of resist gear.

As far as playing everquest and maintaining real life sanity, yeah you need to watch it. Its easy to put too many hours in and stop wanting to play real life where you don't have a fiery sword waiting for you. Gotta find that balance. EQ is the kind of thing that can take you off the balance. They didn't call it evercrack for nothing. Thats the other reason I decided to be a good guy here, I feel bad for my fellow victims of the funnest game ever.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:21 PM
Banned

On another subject, its annoying when I've been told to be a kinder person, when I wasn't meaning to not be kind, (And probably wasn't being not kind.) I was just starved. I call it "dead face", when your eyes look like, "How can you do this to me?" and you have a frown. It looks like your mad. Just another flaw in reality to keep evil people evil. Its also easier to look more on the mad side of dead face than on the depressed side of dead face, incase the depression police come and lock a person up forever.

In a fake dimension or existence its important to look like normal worker at work. So I've tried to do that. The majority of the time I was not being rude or not kind. I just looked that way.
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 12-15-2020 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-15-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennardscott86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Red server is *checks notes* Dead.... Its Dead go to Blue.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I have a buddy that has that problem. Thats more of a problem with the people that are demanding the fake smiles than the person who doesn't do the fake smiles.

People that are used to getting treated like they are great (rich people) are particularly bothered by an apathetic face because they are afraid to let it be a reflection of their own greatness. So they need to make sure that you know that it is your problem, so they tell you.

Best place is a line cook at a high volume restaurant because no one can keep up with your skillz and you can pretty much deadface all day and even make fun of the waiters for being too slow. 2nd hand experience on this one.

What is important is actually cultivating empathy and love for others. It takes work. Even things you are "good" at aren't effortless. Eventually you get good at doing the hard work.

Empathy is magical because it heals you while you heal or help someone else. Its difficult to understand but it is no joke. I love talking about empathy in a section of a message board that specifically allows for the murder of other players.

I'm thinking I gotta be a paladin next play through so I can be the corniest stupid good guy there ever was.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread