Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-10-2022, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Have epic and Willsapper.

I love using the 2h, but I will admit if you don't get an early proc then you're screwed whether you used a click or not.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have build a warrior dps and hate generation spreadsheet that takes into consideration procs. you are overstatating the 2h bonus damage value, it is actually only 18 for a 40 delay weapon. using my calculator and assuming max strength, max dexterity, max haste, max skills, and a level 60 warrior, you are generating about 62.1 hate per second from a frostreaver. by comparison the "starter warrior combo" of infestation and frostbringer offhand is 68.6, the willsapper + redblade is 72.4, and the double sod is 87.5 (yes its that much better than everything else). other 2h weapons like palladius and gaudralek is 54.7 and 56.0, respectively.
where did you get the 2hand bonus damage value from? The only table i've ever seen quoted anywhere is https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html which puts the bonus damage at 34. But i know this table must be pop era. I'd love to know how you get that value though.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Pre-Kunark: weapon delay bonus is the same across the board (even 1h, 2h). Since the bonus is not dependent on delay, only level, no point in switching weapons.

Bonus = (level - 25)/3

Kunark: 1h weapon bonus is the same as above, but 2handers get a better bonus. Still, the bonus is not dependent on delay, only level and 1h vs. 2h, so in Kunark you should make sure to equip a 2hander.

2H Bonus for >50 = (level - 7)/3

2H Bonus for <50 = (level - 25)/2

Velious: 1h weapon bonus is still the same as above, but 2handers finally get more tiers. Note that the bonus is only dependent on delay if the 2handed delay is > 44!

2H Bonus for <=27 = (level - 22)/3 Same as 1handers (fast 2handers actually were nerfed in Velious).

2H Bonus for 28-39 Delay = same as Kunark bonus

2H Bonus for 40-42 Delay = Kunark bonus + 1

2H Bonus for 43-44 Delay = Kunark bonus + 3

2H Bonus for >44 Delay = Kunark Bonus + (Delay - 31)/3

this isnt my post, its from another thread. afaik its accurate. otherwise if you use the normal dps formulas, the 2h damage would be absolutely bonkers. on another note, im not sure i buy into the "offhand weapons gets the mainhand damage bonus for hate calculation" notion. i am a believer in white damage hate calculation being equal to (weapon damage + damage bonus) / haste modified delay and it doesn't matter if you hit or miss.... in other words, its related to how much damage you outputting, but its more heavily weighted to how fast you swing than just a pure potential DPS calculation (where weapon damage gets a modifier based on strength and attack rating to calculate actual damage). fwiw, i use my Gaudralek about anytime im not main tanking because its great damage, has an unresistable DD only proc, helps maintain decent hate generation for tank swapping (but not enough for proper tanking or outpacing a tank with agro setup), and most importantly, looks cool af. but you bet your ass i swap to a willsapper and red blade anytime im main tank for hate generation.
Last edited by bobjonesp99; 10-13-2022 at 07:27 PM..
Old 10-13-2022, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I had not actually looked at the kunark era bonus specifically before. On our current patch (final patch before luclin) There are 2hand damage bonuses for levels 51+. Is what you posted above just for Kunark and then bulk of velious but not including the October 8th 2001 patch?

I'm talking about the patch here: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/his...es-2001-2.html

"- Two-Handed Weapons have been given an increased damage bonus for
characters over level 50. Also, certain post-epic quality two-handers
have been improved."

You do mention this:

but is that the kunark era level bonus or the final near-luclin era bonus? It sure would be simpler if the formula were just public.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

i tested it by dueling someone sitting down (post velious 2h patch). according to my math using the 2h damage bonus value from the following formula:

Velious: 1h weapon bonus is still the same as above, but 2handers finally get more tiers. Note that the bonus is only dependent on delay if the 2handed delay is > 44!

2H Bonus for <=27 = (level - 22)/3 Same as 1handers (fast 2handers actually were nerfed in Velious).

2H Bonus for 28-39 Delay = same as Kunark bonus

2H Bonus for 40-42 Delay = Kunark bonus + 1

2H Bonus for 43-44 Delay = Kunark bonus + 3

2H Bonus for >44 Delay = Kunark Bonus + (Delay - 31)/3

when i did the test my max with was very close to the max hit. then i remember i have AOB items with + atk. when i factored that in, it was spot on. so im faily certain it is correct.

the forumla you posted is the kunark era bonus. in velious you get the additional bonus mentioned in the formula i just reposted.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Cool. This is very helpful and some information i've been trying to get clarified for myself for a while now.

So does "2H Bonus for >44 Delay = Kunark Bonus + (Delay - 31)/3" only apply lvl 51+ ?

The patch notes state its new tiers of damage for players over level 50 but this formula doesn't include level in it. Does this portion of the bonus damage thats tacked onto the kunark bonus only apply to lvl 51+ characters?
Old 10-15-2022, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

yes for the "Kunark Bonus" portion you just sub in the applicable following equation

Old 10-20-2022, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Narandi's Lance as 2-hander and swapping in Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn for offhand attack swings between the primary swings looks the best to me (until being able to upgrade the Lance for a better ToV drop). Both weapons tradeable and not super expensive. That scimitar should be worth a ton if people actually tried to play at max potential; it's the highest damage offhand available. The lance would similarly go up in value too if people tryharded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should try offhand swapping with this. I like the Lance more because the 2 extra delay gives more leeway to swap every round, but at the very least you should be able to do an offhand swap every other round with Frostreaver.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Narandi's Lance as 2-hander and swapping in Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn for offhand attack swings between the primary swings looks the best to me (until being able to upgrade the Lance for a better ToV drop). Both weapons tradeable and not super expensive. That scimitar should be worth a ton if people actually tried to play at max potential; it's the highest damage offhand available. The lance would similarly go up in value too if people tryharded.

You should try offhand swapping with this. I like the Lance more because the 2 extra delay gives more leeway to swap every round, but at the very least you should be able to do an offhand swap every other round with Frostreaver.
sounds awful, pass
Old 10-20-2022, 07:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That has got to be the least helpful, and least user friendly suggestion ive ever seen