Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

I could care less, but the Republicans seems not to be ready for the 21st century.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To automation, you mean driven out to another country? No those are gone, we'll never get those back. But we can make new manufacturing jobs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The US is definitely not business friendly right now for new companies, much of this due to feeding the corporatism, globalism, and big mean banks. Gov trying to mold how business is started and conducted in "fairness", who wins and who loses, rather than just getting their hands off and letting it grow and prosper. The regulation never hurts the monolithic international companies, only small business.

Of course the opposition says "Oh! But it'll all just be robots!". Well du-uuuh! Robots are awesome, and they still need humans to run them. Entry level is about as easy as flipping hamburgers. Then provides some good technical level jobs, and other jobs in-between. Then you still have all the jobs created surrounding it, from trucking, materials, warehousing, secretaries, construction, way too many types of jobs to bother listing. But from digging resources out of the earth, to quality control, all the way to dropping it into the customers hands from some store or delivery system (out rather than just in).

The sudden "automation" thing is somewhat mythical, we've been automated for decades, people over-imagine it. Even designing, building and servicing the machines is good business, and something that would be in demand here again too.

You're delusional if you think Trump will "fix" manufacturing in the USA because it isn't broken.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-...des-2016-03-28
Old 07-22-2016, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all literally let loose a fucking walloping cheer at the top of our lungs (as if your favorite sports team just won a championship and you made 10k on bets) when he said that policing is going to get tougher and hes going to destroy criminals and indicated expansion of law enforcement.

Fuck. Yes.

Sick of scammers, credit card skimmers, drug dealers, and other losers taking away the dignity of the working class. I'm breaking my ass to make a rich living. It pisses me off to see a skimmer set for life and pull 1 million in 1-2 years and just doing a skim whenever he needs 10k here and 10k there.

A guy in Miami recently set up shop with a small cocaine operation to Spain from Miami and spent 20 million dollars in cash within 12 months. Sure hes busted now, but how many others are living scott free who only move a little weight and skim a little bit of cards....

Shit makes your blood boil as a legitimate citizen on how inadequate the FBI and police force is adapted to capitalism in 2016.

Again I will restate: Fuck yes Donald.

Restoring the dignity of the working class is the best fucking idea I have ever heard in my life.
Lol. ATG on his A game lately, especially with closing statements ^^
Old 07-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're delusional if you think Trump will "fix" manufacturing in the USA because it isn't broken.

The broken part is mainly it being moved offshore while those "American" companies reap the benefits of lower taxes and tariffs. Its gaming the system.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Was funny listening to Trump telling a stadium full of hillbillies who worship the free market he is going to go protectionist on global economics
Old 07-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

meh marketing articles. Delusional, eh? It's like telling a firefighter there won't be a need for firefighters ever again because it's winter. I know industry, first hand, know. I'm a skilled technician and programmer, especially in those automations, robotics (primarily in broad-band telecommunications). Not only knowing from my perspective, but being in the company of managers and owners etc, I know what the problems are. I watched it all slide away in slow motion.

The business climate was destroyed and many of those jobs chased away. But I already mentioned why, and it's no different than what they have done to our energy production as of late. They regulated it into the ground. I worked in that a bit, I have family having done that for decades, which are all out of work now, the four of them. The policies of this administration has raped this country. And not just this administration, but a continuation of the last administration. New boss same as the old boss.

btw you should already know they cook the books. They cook all the books, from employment to friggen global warming charts.
Last edited by Daywolf; 07-22-2016 at 10:23 AM..
Old 07-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The broken part is mainly it being moved offshore while those "American" companies reap the benefits of lower taxes and tariffs. Its gaming the system.
You can tell you're not in manufacturing, are you?

Sugar has been pushed out of the US via regulation
Tobacco has been pushed out of the US via regulation

Should we keep going?
Old 07-22-2016, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was funny listening to Trump telling a stadium full of hillbillies who worship the free market he is going to go protectionist on global economics
That was my favorite part.