Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Christianity where they think they can sin as much as they want because they believe a Prophet will be punished instead of them. Or Atheism where they reject the Day of Judgement entirely and adopt a meaningless life of unregulated hedonism.

The fact that God is the Most Merciful, and that He forgives our sins, doesn't mean that sinning is permissible because its not a guarantee. It just means that if we're struggling to avoid it then we shouldn't despair over the mercy of God but we can't just persist assume it will be forgiven. The Qur'an also teaches that good deeds make up for it, so we're simply taught to be as righteous as we can.
Any deity, be it Allah or Ywh or Jesus or whatever, who levies judgement based on faith is most certainly not merciful, rather he is cruel :/

Though it should not, faith stands as the greatest impasse to reason and as a tool of oppression, it is for good reason that fabricators of early religions wove their tapestries from such wretched thread.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any deity, be it Allah or Ywh or Jesus or whatever, who levies judgement based on faith is most certainly not merciful, rather he is cruel :/

Though it should not, faith stands as the greatest impasse to reason and as a tool of oppression, it is for good reason that fabricators of early religions wove their tapestries from such wretched thread.
I'm a Muslim because of reasoning, and the grace of God. All praise and thanks is to Him.

If my worldview was based on blind faith, like the belief that everything exists by nothing but chance and we cease to exist when we die, then i'd still be an Atheist.

So we're not punished simply for "not believing". Its because of what rejecting God promotes, among many other reasons like arrogance, being ungrateful for all the good things He gave us, spreading lies about God, believing we won't be accountable which leads to crime, failing to take it seriously and investigate after clear warnings, etc.

And if God were cruel then everything on earth would be hell and we'd have nothing good like the fruit, sunshine, water, potential for happiness, joy, etc.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a Muslim because of reasoning, and the grace of God. All praise and thanks is to Him.

If my worldview was based on blind faith, like the belief that everything exists by nothing but chance and we cease to exist when we die, then i'd still be an Atheist.

So we're not punished simply for "not believing". Its because of what rejecting God promotes, among many other reasons like arrogance, being ungrateful for all the good things He gave us, spreading lies about God, believing we won't be accountable which leads to crime, failing to take it seriously and investigate after clear warnings, etc.

And if God were cruel then everything on earth would be hell and we'd have nothing good like the fruit, sunshine, water, potential for happiness, joy, etc.
I would be interested in knowing how reason lead you Islam. By affirming belief in any deity, you have only once-removed yourself from the ultimate question of why and how? If it is absurd to believe that the universe, the entirety of existence is without origin, why is it any less absurd to believe in a creator with no origin? While the latter may be more comforting, the former is most certainly more miraculous.

Also, tell me this, from you point of view, if someone were to live as a Muslim strictly adhering to the prohibitions of Allah, but did not pray and did not accept Allah and his prophet Muhammad, how would he be judged?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be interested in knowing how reason lead you Islam. By affirming belief in any deity, you have only once-removed yourself from the ultimate question of why and how? If it is absurd to believe that the universe, the entirety of existence is without origin, why is it any less absurd to believe in a creator with no origin? While the latter may be more comforting, the former is most certainly more miraculous.

Also, tell me this, from you point of view, if someone were to live as a Muslim strictly adhering to the prohibitions of Allah, but did not pray and did not accept Allah and his prophet Muhammad, how would he be judged?
Accepting deliberate design doesn't nullify the search for why or how; it inspires it. And its ironic because the belief that our universe was made by mindless chaos nullifies why and how since chaos can't create with reason and it has no other method except indefinite, unchanging, illogical and non-progressive randomness.

"Why did chaos create the universe?" - No reason because it can't reason
"How did chaos create the universe?" - Randomly with the help of magic.

There's too many reasons to list for why i'm a Muslim, unless you're wondering something specific like why I submit to God, which is the most important teaching.

Nobody knows God's ultimate judgement, but that person would almost certainly go to hell because no deeds in this world, including partially following the Qur'an while ignoring the most important part (Submission to God, doing good, and believing in His Prophets), can make up for rejecting God for many reasons like the ones previously listed.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets not forget the entire slave trade built around arab slave traders working with african tribes that STILL EXIST TO THIS DAY.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There's too many reasons to list for why i'm a Muslim
Were your parents Muslim? I feel like this is the only answer we need to know whether you're full of shit.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
look im not trolling you broski, this is pretty serious. my question is how can any man know the true will of his lord? if the man is a prophet, then perhaps it should be taken into consideration that what you know to be true does not coincide with what he knows to be true. unless you are declaring yourself as a prophet with a direct line to the holiest, i wonder from where you are gathering your information.
I don't care to go in depth explaining why its safe to assume that our Creator wants us to do good at minimum. But if you're talking about specific commands then there's no direct way to tell unless God gives you proof like He did with the Prophets and miracles they could perform. But even that isn't "proof" that God's doing it, so I don't know how he made them certain.

I'm not a Prophet, nor a pope, nor a saint nor any other synonymous self righteous egoist. I'm simply a man who believes in God and wants to do good to be successful, God willing. But a big part of that is clarifying the truth and spreading Islam. The knowledge and wisdom I have is ultimately from God, even though its come through "inspiration" and many methods and sources including the Qur'an, other writers and "my own" thinking. And Its foolish to assume that the voice in your head is God or even a Prophet like Christians do. Even though it could still reflect His will.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
42:51 And it is not for any human being that God would speak to him, except through inspiration, or from behind a barrier, or by sending a messenger to inspire whom He wills with His permission. He is Most High, Wise.

2:269 He grants wisdom to whom He chooses, and whoever is granted wisdom, has been given much good. Only those with intelligence will take heed.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were your parents Muslim? I feel like this is the only answer we need to know whether you're full of shit.
Nah. Dad is agnostic / atheist / non religious. Mom believes in God but doesn't follow a religion. They let me choose. I grew up rejecting all religion because of the brainwashing stigma and how fake "church goers" were. Among other reasons, but I doubt you want my life story.
Last edited by Saludeen; 08-01-2016 at 05:37 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't care to go in depth explaining why its safe to assume that our Creator wants us to do good at minimum.
sure, its safe... but is it correct? for such a being to be reduced to human definitions, i think is demeaning to the power of God. i dont have any fancy books to quote, my belief system does not coincide with any texts i have read.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Accepting deliberate design doesn't nullify the search for why or how; it inspires it. And its ironic because the belief that our universe was made by mindless chaos nullifies why and how since chaos can't create with reason and it has no other method except indefinite, unchanging, illogical and non-progressive randomness.

"Why did chaos create the universe?" - No reason because it can't reason
"How did chaos create the universe?" - Randomly with the help of magic.

There's too many reasons to list for why i'm a Muslim, unless you're wondering something specific like why I submit to God, which is the most important teaching.

Nobody knows God's ultimate judgement, but that person would almost certainly go to hell because no deeds in this world, including partially following the Qur'an while ignoring the most important part (Submission to God, doing good, and believing in His Prophets), can make up for rejecting God for many reasons like the ones previously listed.
Faith does not lay upon the path of Reason, though one may take one of the many paths departing reason to arrive at that destination.

Why do you insist the alternative to the embrace of an abrahamic (or other) religion can only be the affirmed belief in a chaotic origin to the universe? There are countless possibilities, we just have no way of knowing and I am disinclined to cede my intellectual sovereignty to fanciful claims wrought of the ruinous ambitions of dead men.