Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure it wasnt a GM Naggy Vox rotation but rather someone who was willing to maintain a website calendar and most guilds were fine w this bc it was Naggy and Vox...

Its rare to find more extensive raid mob rotation, Im sure a few existed but certainly not the norm.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. Here's my one live screenshot of Vox from that raid (I was too busy coordinating everything to see much more of her):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

also Lora you too were on Bristlebane?

Shout out to BB homies!
Old 03-22-2019, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live EQ servers had 2000-2500 people on them during heydays of classic, at least the middle pop / high pop ones did.

P99 while has a higher concentration of lvl 60 characters for Velious than live did still is less crowded than actual real servers. Think back, exp groups were happy to “camp” 3 spawn rooms all night as their exp grind. Zones were picked clean everywhere in era.
how does the raiding population compare to live in numbers and frequency? exp groups aren't an honest argument
Old 03-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Obviously didn't need anyone to translate this thread. Its called a conversation starter, few of you too slow to realize that.

I don't really care about Omni's opinions on the raid scene(no offence), where have they been in the last year? Can't even remember the last time I had to /who omni to see them.

Step up your guilds recruitment, step up your guilds game like AG did. Hell even PS kicks some ass like a few trakanon's ago. They dominated. Instead of wanting whatever the fuck it is you want, come join the fun this server has to offer or go to a TLP. You'll have fun on a TLP for a long time probably, but you'll be back, why? cause this is the only server out there that doesn't rotate.

For all we know rotations could come tomorrow, enjoy it!
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 03-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also Lora you too were on Bristlebane?

Shout out to BB homies!
Woot BB!

I was in Kariath Arba (the family/low-tier raid guild I mentioned). But I was friends IRL with like half of Club Fu (I knew Dome, Engel, Meriadoc, etc. from the cyber cafe we all played at) so I was lucky enough to get to see some high end stuff (plus I learned fun facts like "the reality of raiding in EQ is that you sit around doing nothing a lot" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Okay loramin
Then my answer to your proposed to debate is that yes, if you are a casual and do not put forth the effort to compete and actually *try* to experience the content, then you do not afford the right to see it.
If you just wanna see the dragons family-trip-to-the-zoo style, then just go on the live servers and walk around.

Build up your guild and go for it. Until then, too bad so sad, the hardcore guilds are set up and hungry for the top end content and will do what it takes to kill some dragons.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how does the raiding population compare to live in numbers and frequency? exp groups aren't an honest argument
P99 way top heavier as I mentioned more 60 per capita in era than on live but when people try to act like P99 has more players than live servers its just false.

Raiding is completely different when you have expansions every 6 month-1year which shifts population to new zones and forces guilds to devote resources to new progression. P99 will forever bc a cluster of raiders at the top compared to live because of this.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woot BB!

I was in Kariath Arba (the family/low-tier raid guild I mentioned). But I was friends IRL with like half of Club Fu (I knew Dome, Engel, Meriadoc, etc. from the cyber cafe we all played at) so I was lucky enough to get to see some high end stuff (plus I learned fun facts like "the reality of raiding in EQ is that you sit around doing nothing a lot" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
You ok with a rotation only of those guilds currently trying? Ie:core/am/Ag? You get a rotation just not with anon
Old 03-22-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay loramin
Then my answer to your proposed to debate is that yes, if you are a casual and do not put forth the effort to compete and actually *try* to experience the content, then you do not afford the right to see it.
If you just wanna see the dragons family-trip-to-the-zoo style, then just go on the live servers and walk around.

Build up your guild and go for it. Until then, too bad so sad, the hardcore guilds are set up and hungry for the top end content and will do what it takes to kill some dragons.
Awesome, we're talking to each other and not past!

And with that, here's where I see us (honestly) disagreeing: I don't just see two categories of guilds:
  • guilds capable of taking on top content
  • guilds that aren't

I see three:
  • guilds capable of taking on top content and motivated enough to "compete" for it
  • guilds capable of taking on top content but not motivated enough to "compete" for it
  • guilds that aren't capable

I'm not talking about letting old school "Knights Who Say Ni" successor Kittens get a shot at ToV: I'm talking about letting the modern raid-capable Kittens have a shot. I'm talking about letting even smaller guilds (like my own, Anonymous) form alliances with other guilds (like the AEGIS alliance), which are absolutely capable of doing ToV.

But, as important as it is to ground these discussions in reality, I also don't want to get bogged down too much in individual guilds, because that's not what this is about. If Anonymous grows enough and decides to "compete", or if we die off as a guild entirely, either way my position will remain the same: that letting as many people as possible (which, again, does not mean Kittens when they were a family guild) have a shot at content is better for the server.

Closed Thread