Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 02:39 PM
Large Rat

I've got money for banded, just looking for someone to make it. THere another guy at EC Tunnel asking for the same. Message me in game please (Darkace).
Old 02-20-2021, 09:25 PM
Skeleton

What server? @darkace. I didn’t find anyone making banded so I leveled blacksmithing and made my own. Could make for others now. On gigglethorpe-blue
Old 02-20-2021, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

I as well offered on green on Trys Ogre Warrior. =)

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 02-20-2021, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fellow new player here. I sat in EC for a few hours hoping for some handouts and I can say, forget it on Green server. Not only does no one seem to care much about the plight of noobs, but the server economy seems pretty inflated compared to Blue. Not only did no one offer any low level gear while I was in EC, no one would even bother tossing a buff on me, not even when I was fighting mobs right in front of them at the tunnel

One time a nice rogue came over and bandaged me as I was bleeding dying from rattlesnake poison. Thank God for that, because I was bound in greater faydark lol. I was just killing mobs in EC waiting to see if someone was going to do a giveaway to noobs, and I certainly wasn’t going to beg for items. After a while I just gave up

Green server seems ultra competitive. People play a lot, and I think they assume that a lot of the noobs they are seeing won’t stick around. Maybe it’s from experience, I dunno

I never got any help, so I had to do everything myself. I was able to save up and buy 30pp worth of higher level spells I’d need from Highkeep in advance (because the run there sucks) by concentrating farming low blue con mobs to deliberately stretch out the level and allow me to make more plat. In particular in gfaydark there is a wasp which has a good chance to drop venom sacs which vendor for 3g apiece. That and vendoring cloth armor drops were the best way I could make money. Right off the bat as soon as you get some money, invest in a bunch of backpacks or large boxes to carry more stuff to vendor

No one wants your crushbone belts and no one gives a crap about your bonechips. That’s been my experience on Green server. So vendoring items becomes your best bet. Get in the mindset of not relying on other players for anything
When I do a round of handouts I always goto lowby leveling zones (CB Befallen Unrest mainly) and give stuff to players there. Players who are actively leveling specifically.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

I'll add that blacksmiths seem rare on Green. I was trying to buy sets of banded to hand out and it took me a bit to find anyone able/wiling to craft it (and I was offering 100p per set)
Closed Thread