Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-02-2023, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607...d.com/beqwomen

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2023, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

My P99 characters are roughly 50/50 male/female. Back on live I didn't play female characters because the one time I did (high elf wizard) I had guys being creepy all the time and it was too much to keep explaining after getting to level 8 or so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The internet was a new thing.

These days I think everyone realizes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2023, 12:28 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread is a pronoun.

This thread is a living, breathing being. So we say Thread, instead of thread. Even though I said thread earlier. We all make mistakes simetimes, I'm trying my best to be accomadting (look at all these mistakes) to Thread.

Hi, Thread!
Pronouns aren't capitalized either.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:56 PM
Orc

Have been playing with another friend who is a girl, she has a more serious and focused personality and is learning the game super well

I do think being social is core to being female though, both my female friends who play this game get along very well with others and also have already become part of the forums. Like it’s a many-sided approach to getting involved with the community and hav already made some friends on discord too who play with us. Also we basically have a static xp group going and have made a ‘lizard family’ of sorts since all of our iksars were created at the same time. Idk how long we will be able to maintain a static group but for now it is really nice!
Old 02-20-2023, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Statistics have shown that women to men ratio in gaming is roughly equal across all platforms. But genders may gravitate, generally, to a game genre more than their counterpart. Men trying to act bravado in games, as if they were around a group of all men...not realizing the above statement; doesn't help for sure. From real life experience, there are many-many active, fit & attractive, with well-balanced successful careered women who play video games... including Everquest. Generally they broke into it either from, as a real world example, their NASA computer-science programmer father got his all female children into Everquest and later world of warcraft. They all did ballet as kids and grew up playing games with dad. So later in life, through life balance, they grew to be super hot, more knowledgeable in computers or that Vindi raid, then my all gamer butt. These girls were cousins of my high school friend, and first met them when they had an extra blizzcon ticket after all sitting around their 4 computers spam clicking "buy" button for blizzcon tickets, because Blizzcon ticekts instantly sell out in the first 1 second tickets go live. Women of all types are out there playing these same games right next to you...just have some decency and respect for those around you. You never know who you'll meet on the internet.
~Trys Ogre Warrior : Now, where's my sword...

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Last edited by Randarn; 02-20-2023 at 03:29 PM..
Old 02-20-2023, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Statistics have shown that women to men ratio in gaming is roughly equal across all platforms. But genders may gravitate, generally, to a game genre more than their counterpart. Men trying to act bravado in games, as if they were around a group of all men...not realizing the above statement; doesn't help for sure. From real life experience, there are many-many active, fit & attractive, with well-balanced successful careered women who play video games... including Everquest. Generally they broke into it either from, as a real world example, their NASA computer-science programmer father got his all female children into Everquest and later world of warcraft. They all did ballet as kids and grew up playing games with dad. So later in life, through life balance, they grew to be super hot, more knowledgeable in computers or that Vindi raid, then my all gamer butt. These girls were cousins of my high school friend, and first met them when they had an extra blizzcon ticket after all sitting around their 4 computers spam clicking "buy" button for blizzcon tickets, because Blizzcon ticekts instantly sell out in the first 1 second tickets go live. Women of all types are out there playing these same games right next to you...just have some decency and respect for those around you. You never know who you'll meet on the internet.
~Trys Ogre Warrior : Now, where's my sword...
Bullshit. Women don't exist. Anywhere. Around me.
Old 02-20-2023, 05:43 PM
Aviak

I have a 9 month old daughter. I hope to inculcate EQ proclivity in her when she is able.
Old 02-20-2023, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Psychology will tell you women tend to be more concerned with people; men tend to be more concerned with things.