Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2023, 08:47 AM
Banned

just hand them a bible and an old webster dictionary from before 1999 and walk away
Old 11-16-2023, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like-a da choochoo, I vote-a for da Biden. Bellissimo!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-16-2023, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I wish I gave a shit about anime.
it's never too late my friend. my wife and i are pushing 40 and started to watch anime a few years ago. and by "watch anime" i mean we have seen a few.

basically the ones you mentioned like my hero academia. one punch man is also great, maybe start there, because it sort of makes fun of the entire anime hero concept itself and is very self aware. hunter x hunter was cool overall, def geared for a younger crowed but was enjoyable anyway.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:34 PM
Kobold

I've tried and tried and tried with anime, but I can't get into it. I think it's the dialogue and the overly emotional\cringey situations and suspense building that rubs me the wrong way. I did enjoy the Cyberpunk Edgerunners and watched a handful of the Avatar Airbender kid (which I was told wasn't actually anime, who knew?). Aside from that the only other ones I can say I liked was Akira, Ninja Scrolls, and Iria Zeiram. Maybe it's just not for me.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Banned

This one was good: https://myanimelist.net/anime/329/Planetes
Old 11-16-2023, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Give me your Ohio? The fuck is that?
Old 11-16-2023, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Speak English.

Next.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh shit! My 2-year-old loves trains! What the fuck do I do?!
Many (most?) kids have a train phase. Train toys are extremely popular. It doesn’t mean anything.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:30 PM
Banned

When I started out in BH like 15yrs ago I was only childrens dept (not a fan when compared to working with both kids and adults), and had to co-run a skills group for kids 12-17. Luckily the masters level therapist gal friend of mine was the one coming up with new engagement activities every week, I just had to help run them

One that was a nice icebreaker for a new group was to blow up a beach ball and section it off in a soccer ball pattern with a marker. In each square (hexagon? Polygon? Whatever the fucking spot’s shape are on a soccer ball) you write fun non-invasive question like “do you have any pets?” (Can look up lists of fun questions for kids online), and be sure to pick ones you comfortable answering for all of them

Then have the kids huck it around the room and rules are you have to answer the question your right hand (or whatever) lands on. And they can huck it to you. What ends up happening is the more extroverted kids will huck it to whoever while the shyest kids will always huck it at you and then you can re-direct it at whoever isn’t getting any attention

Works best for new groups tho
Old 11-18-2023, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Well it worked out well.

Had a lot of fun.

I have great hopes for the future! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I even got to see the recent SNL skit and had some laughs.