Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 02:10 AM
Large Rat

Default newbie necro questions

Getting going on playing P99(played once before and never got far cause i got busy with change of job) - made a necro for my first character and have made my way to level 24 recently (name: nomicron on blue), i have a couple questions i wanted to run by the community.
I was curious how difficult it is to obtain research only spells - i have been trying to hang onto important words but i seem to always find 2 of the 3 i need for a spell. Do researchers actively make these spells and sell them or do you just kind of need to get lucky and find the right words and get someone to combine for you that has high research skill.
My second question concerns gearing - as i looked @ a couple guides for necros (sesserdrix is super helpful) i see gear lists but all these pieces when i look into them seem to come from areas that are pretty high level - or - group only areas of level 30ish camps. Should i just be trying to save up money and buy the gear(have saved about 400pp) or is it best to simply wait till i get higher level and go do some of the quests or camps myself. For instance i am super interested in doing the Harvester and Ro armor quests @ some point - but it looks like you need to be @ least 30 and even then some of the areas can be very dangerous without a group.
Any help/suggestions would be awesome - also if you are like me and around 20 looking to get some gear maybe we can group up, especially if you have the knowledge of some of these camps and how best to approach them.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Just keep lvling and saving pp. Necro isn’t a super gear dependent char. If you see a nice item you want and can afford go for it. Luckily int gear is very cheap and if you needed some hp gear like 65hp rings, 65hp/mana neck, etc.. that isn’t real expensive either. But the best thing you can do for yourself is lvl up. As far as the research spells I’m sure people do sell them but doesn’t hurt to hold onto those pages.

May also want to check loramin’s leveling guide it gives many good places to lvl/solo and also includes other information that may be useful to necro.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 03-13-2021 at 02:27 AM..
Old 03-13-2021, 02:33 AM
Aviak

If you're looking for the lvl 24 pet spell it is hard to find but I do see intensify death selling for as cheap as 50pp
Old 03-13-2021, 02:49 AM
Large Rat

"If you're looking for the lvl 24 pet spell it is hard to find but I do see intensify death selling for as cheap as 50pp"

Where do you purchase the spell? I hear EC is a sort of trading hub and i assume that is the best place to try and find it.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:51 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep lvling and saving pp. Necro isn’t a super gear dependent char. If you see a nice item you want and can afford go for it. Luckily int gear is very cheap and if you needed some hp gear like 65hp rings, 65hp/mana neck, etc.. that isn’t real expensive either. But the best thing you can do for yourself is lvl up. As far as the research spells I’m sure people do sell them but doesn’t hurt to hold onto those pages.

May also want to check loramin’s leveling guide it gives many good places to lvl/solo and also includes other information that may be useful to necro.
I will absolutely do that. Looking it up right now - appreciate the information.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"If you're looking for the lvl 24 pet spell it is hard to find but I do see intensify death selling for as cheap as 50pp"

Where do you purchase the spell? I hear EC is a sort of trading hub and i assume that is the best place to try and find it.
Yes that would probably be the easiest way to find anything being sold by other players. But it can require a significant time sink to find specific items. Maybe try using the forums search function for the specific spells in the blue servers trade forum.

There's also a "tunnelquest" discord channel that has some pretty handy functionality. It relays the tunnel postings in a discord feed so you can watch what's being sold/bought without having to sit in EC Tunnel for days on end. If you only need a couple specific items, you can also configure the Tunnelquest bot to DM you in discord when someone posts it. It's pretty nice. I set one up for a specific item and got a notification on my phone while driving home from work and managed to find my item.
Last edited by Xer0; 03-13-2021 at 02:59 AM..
Old 03-13-2021, 03:07 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes that would probably be the easiest way to find anything being sold by other players. But it can require a significant time sink to find specific items. Maybe try using the forums search function for the specific spells in the blue servers trade forum.

There's also a "tunnelquest" discord channel that has some pretty handy functionality. It relays the tunnel postings in a discord feed so you can watch what's being sold/bought without having to sit in EC Tunnel for days on end. If you only need a couple specific items, you can also configure the Tunnelquest bot to DM you in discord when someone posts it. It's pretty nice. I set one up for a specific item and got a notification on my phone while driving home from work and managed to find my item.
sweet i will check that out. Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sweet i will check that out. Thanks for the advice.
No problem! I would also advise just practicing your research. Some researched spells are worth BIG money. The words weigh nothing but take up an item slot; so just collect them as you find them and stow them in your bank (Which should be filled with 8x8slot bags-- 10 slot bags when you can afford the ~400pp.
Old 03-13-2021, 03:19 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No problem! I would also advise just practicing your research. Some researched spells are worth BIG money. The words weigh nothing but take up an item slot; so just collect them as you find them and stow them in your bank (Which should be filled with 8x8slot bags-- 10 slot bags when you can afford the ~400pp.
10-4
Old 03-13-2021, 12:14 PM
Aviak

If you look up research p99 it will break it down by class and spell
For the 24 pet spell I think it was words of allure that I had a hard time finding
Closed Thread