Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-02-2023, 09:13 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Blood

Hey everyone. This is my first time trying Everquest. Well, once the sms sends but anyway. Being brand new I am curious. Should I go Green or Blue? Red kinda scares me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks in advance.
Old 08-03-2023, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

Welcome! All servers are currently at the end of their progression timeline, the green server is the newest with the highest population. No reason not to roll on green unless you intend to play mostly solo, blue isn't a ghost town but there's less competition for camps.

I would definitely read the newbie guide here https://wiki.project1999.com/Newbie_Guide and search for some videos on youtube, beginner tips etc.
Old 09-15-2023, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

Play green, if brand new to everquest, definitely read some class breakdowns and class spell list to understand what spells you'd get for various classes. The melee classes will be far more gear dependent and slower to level then intellect classes. Healer classes clr dru shm can solo or group to various degrees and faster the melee but slower than int casters sorta. Spell casters and dru shaman do not get interesting until about level 30.. when all the spell schools fully open up. To full breath of spell lines. Melee are pretty straightforward, auto attack to 60, basically.. melee shine at 60 with disciplines and gear. Trying to group is great idea anytime.. but learning where people go to level by reading guides, and threads on forums.. to learn about leveling paths, is half the challenge to grouping.. knowing where to be for best chances of finding a group. If you choose a class who cannot cast bind affinity on themselves.. aka melee and tanks... uou need to remember you can only bind in zones with cities.. or a few rare spots considered cities but aren't.. it will take anothers help to bind to a new place each time. Hope you are able to enjoy green, the server I'd suggest most [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Oh and Dial a port guild, is a 100% druid class guild.. who ports others for tips, general 1plat per level the player is, after level 20-25. New and low level players, are free. And free corpse runs anytime/any level. Find dial in game by typing /who all dial

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 09-25-2023, 08:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi, I'm new, thanks for your advices
Old 10-13-2023, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome. Blue is the old server and green was a restart a couple years back. I don’t think the staff have announced final plans for green. It may stay as it is, get merged into blue, or possibly but unlikely wiped at some point.

Green has a healthier player population. Blue has cheaper gear and even higher likelihood of hand-down freebies. It’s the same game though at this point.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

^
Old 10-15-2023, 08:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Blurd - you don't need the SMS; I was able to move past that step by clicking the next step on the forum page; if you look around at your account creation you should be able to see a progression of steps and you can just move on. I never got my SMS code.
Old 10-15-2023, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

play on RED