Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-30-2023, 02:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Porting Question / Advice

I have a question about porting etiquette and strategies to make pp.

I dusted off my old Wizard to make some pp from porting to twink an alt. I never did much porting but from what I can tell Hammer Hill in OT seems to be a good spot to bind and port from. Trouble is there is this particular player that is always there. And when I say always I mean from 6am til midnight. I have tried to "share" like we share mobs at camps but as soon as someone jumps off the boat and runs towards the hill this player spams the invite button and nobody else that is porting has a chance. When I sat down beside him and asked if I could port the next guy he became agitated and scooted up near the sand and kept casting the Poison Resist buff over and over again. Really strange. Then he said in say channel, "I AM HERE TO HELP PEOPLE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I talked with a few other players and they said that they think that guy is mentally disabled. I guess if that's true I can understand but that isn't helping my alt get any gear. I just wanted some mana hp jewelry.

Can anyone share their porting strategy? Id like to stay away from HH for awhile.
Old 08-30-2023, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

HH is really where its at. Join DaP and you'll get tells out of nowhere to go give someone a ride elsewhere.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah that's the guild he is in.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a question about porting etiquette and strategies to make pp.

I dusted off my old Wizard to make some pp from porting to twink an alt. I never did much porting but from what I can tell Hammer Hill in OT seems to be a good spot to bind and port from. Trouble is there is this particular player that is always there. And when I say always I mean from 6am til midnight. I have tried to "share" like we share mobs at camps but as soon as someone jumps off the boat and runs towards the hill this player spams the invite button and nobody else that is porting has a chance. When I sat down beside him and asked if I could port the next guy he became agitated and scooted up near the sand and kept casting the Poison Resist buff over and over again. Really strange. Then he said in say channel, "I AM HERE TO HELP PEOPLE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I talked with a few other players and they said that they think that guy is mentally disabled. I guess if that's true I can understand but that isn't helping my alt get any gear. I just wanted some mana hp jewelry.

Can anyone share their porting strategy? Id like to stay away from HH for awhile.
Maybe GM can get involved and do a forced rotation for ports? LOL this guy is a clown
Old 08-30-2023, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Just beat him at his own game: sit in the boat yourself and invite people faster.

You don't have to "beat" him every time to "win": if he's as unbalanced as you make him sound, I imagine that you'll only need to take a few of "his" ports before he either gives up or does something crazy (and ban-worthy).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

• It would be legit to spam-invite first. Two can play that game.
• Maybe port from the Skyfire ramp for the non-evils in OT.
• WC druid ring is a good port nexus
• EC tunnel too, though a bit popular. You can return quickly via NRo port.
• Can you make it to KC alive? Maybe bind there and advertise ports.
HTH
Old 08-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Bind/Sit inside the boat where people pop in after hammering.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-31-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

battle of the port bots
Old 08-31-2023, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Undercut his prices. Charge 0.5p per level.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Wizard port for tips, 1st suggestion join Dial a port, due to, tgat people's first search before looking outside for ports. HH is good. If you are able.. I'd bind at westwastes, Temple of V zoneline. And click into ToV zone and sit in the entrance area while having DaP guild tag up. Having an ot hammer, so you can portal to commons, walk something to get to hh is good. Another good bind spot is at the fireworks, you bind on the top of the pillars iurc that jut out of the water above the firepots. With an ot hammer you can get to any major city almost instantly along with all wiz spires. ToV bind suggestion only if you are 52 + . Otherwise i think being bound at firepots, and having an ot hammer in inventory is best. Then sitting prob wc/ ec / hh / tov . Order of most people chances vs highest tip but least people .

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143