Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

to be true its 5 necros one mage .
necros will regen mana so fast , they can use their dds and lifetaps so much ...
6 times dmg shielded and hasted pets are the best . the necros can all handle aggro with fd and use da if it gets hard .
Old 11-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
solo'ing

rofls and truth!

Sometimes freeport guards gets lonely
Old 11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Orc

SK/pally (pally maybe gets edge due to slightly less exp penalty, but SK has slightly higher dps)
2 monk/rogue
monk/rogue/bard
enchanter
cleric
Don't need a 2nd healer if you have a cleric. The buffs from shaman/druid don't outweigh the extra dps of a monk/rogue. Also, you kill shit so quick that you don't need to debuff anything.
There's slight variations in strategy depending on whether you have monk/monk/rogue or monk/rogue/bard or monk/rogue/rogue, but all work well. I wouldn't go double rogue without a monk or bard, though, as your puller won't be able to feign off bad pulls, so you need a backup mezzer.

The basic idea is to always have your melee attacking something. If you have 2 monks, you've got one pulling singles/doubles all day long before the mobs are even dead, so that you never stop meleeing. If you have monk/rogue/bard, you pull 3-5 mobs, as the enchanter can then mez them all up and have mana/regen songs to cut any down time. If you pull 3-5 constantly without a bard, the enchanter will have downtime at some point, as he's buffing haste on everyone while also CCing. You can do it once in awhile, or if a split is unsuccessful, but not as a rule without a bard. 20-40% haste (depending on if they have a haste item already or not) on 4 melee is like having an extra 1-2 melee dps without splitting the exp. I mean, it's almost like having an 8 person group while only splitting the exp 6 ways. Pet classes can fill the melee dps spots in a pinch, but they need to be good at throwing their pet on the right target quickly.

This strategy has worked real well for my groups (I'm the ench) since lvl 20 in guktop. We're generally covering an area that 2-3 groups would normally share, and still sometimes waiting on respawns. I got from 4/5 bubbles in 28 to 95% thru my first hell level (30) in a single night (6ish hrs).
Granted, depending on who is on, at least one of our melee is twinked relatively well, so that helps too. 2 of our regular monks have fbss at lvl 30, two of the rogues I use have had gloomwater since lvl 10, and one of our tanks got lucky in that halloween event (like 3-4 pieces). Myself and the cleric had practically nothing to start, though, but we're the least gear dependent in the group anyway.
Last edited by enzie; 11-12-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 AM
Kobold

Hell, it's a freakin game.

The 'best' is what let's you have the most fun. There's no right answer to this question as we all have different definition of what would be 'best' for us.

Hell, I'd be stunned to see a group of 6 rangers level from 1 to 50. That's impressive. They'd definitely be the 'best' players I've seen.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Fire Giant

My perma group consisted of:

SK
Ranger (iknorite?)
Druid
Mage
Cleric
Chanter

We could do anything we wanted that didn't require a raid. We were walking through the Crypt when everyone was taking 2+ groups down there.

We had everything you need. If you sub out the ranger and put a monk or necro, we prolly would have killed faster, but oh well.

Oh, and this was when the group exp penalty was in... so with an SK (Iksar no less) and a Ranger... yeah... it sucked. Spending 10+ hours dungeon crawling through sebilis and getting like 1/4 of a yellow... /suicide
Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Orc

druid/wiz is nice if you are going deep into a dungeon that isn't heavily camped yet, like the first groups in sebilis or something, since you can evac out on a bad pull. CR that deep in some dungeons takes too long otherwise, and kills your exp. Otherwise, cleric is plenty of healing for a group, and other classes out dps wizards.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Classic:
Mag
Mag
Mag
Mag
Mag/Wiz
Enc

RoK:
Wiz
Wiz