Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like this is some kinda of recruitment for Ragnarok.

Been there. Done that. Ice giants won.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not an emulated server? gtfo. It's 2021, can't believe noobs are still paying subscription fees. Especially for old ass games.
Some people can afford $15/mo for a live population server of a game they like, not everyone plays emu cuz their on welfare. *shrug*
Old 01-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

If I wasn't on welfare I could 10 box live. Omg. Do u realize how much money is out there, I could produce my own games.

I was actually thinking about an 8bit indie, resource fantasy game with some fun environments for mobile again.

Like grow flowers that orcs like to make peace and trade with them for manastones and maybe not make that alliance with the dork elves, with like farming, automation, kinda somewhat minecrafty or dwarf forteressey.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I wasn't on welfare I could 10 box live. Omg. Do u realize how much money is out there, I could produce my own games.

I was actually thinking about an 8bit indie, resource fantasy game with some fun environments for mobile again.

Like grow flowers that orcs like to make peace and trade with them for manastones and maybe not make that alliance with the dork elves, with like farming, automation, kinda somewhat minecrafty or dwarf forteressey.
There actually was a pretty cool looking retro pixelized mmo kickstarted by none other than john smedley. Didn't finish making it though, i kept it bookmarked to see if it would. RIP.

So I just went to find it and found this interesting blurb:
Amazon Game Studios announced yesterday that it had picked up MMORPG genre veteran John Smedley to helm one of its up-and-coming online game studios. Today, it published a blog post with a photograph of the team, which appears to show that Smed brought along with him several familiar faces from Pixelmage Games.

Anyway, the game below:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/413110/Heros_Song/

It actually looked really exciting, kinda taking elements from UO and everquest and unlocking a lot more content and depth by way of lower graphic requirements and the classic topdown retro, but with very stylish art flair.

Look at that diety pick screen. that screams genesis/snes RPG era style, fkin love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg herososng.jpg (24.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-22-2021, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Cool. I was thinking John Smedley was Smedy here on p99. Maybe he is. Cool.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-22-2021, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There actually was a pretty cool looking retro pixelized mmo kickstarted by none other than john smedley. Didn't finish making it though, i kept it bookmarked to see if it would. RIP.

So I just went to find it and found this interesting blurb:
Amazon Game Studios announced yesterday that it had picked up MMORPG genre veteran John Smedley to helm one of its up-and-coming online game studios. Today, it published a blog post with a photograph of the team, which appears to show that Smed brought along with him several familiar faces from Pixelmage Games.

Anyway, the game below:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/413110/Heros_Song/

It actually looked really exciting, kinda taking elements from UO and everquest and unlocking a lot more content and depth by way of lower graphic requirements and the classic topdown retro, but with very stylish art flair.

Look at that diety pick screen. that screams genesis/snes RPG era style, fkin love it.
This is straight up wicked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

I watched the video on the steam link and just imagined the game was really the best ever and had a pretty good time.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:09 PM
Banned

new vanilla classic server emu about to start up feb 12th and a wotlk server starts tomorrow whitemane, lmao if you pay to play for wow in 2021

check the wow emulator redit sub
Old 01-22-2021, 09:11 PM
Banned

everyone knows skream is a dead meme server
Old 01-22-2021, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people can afford $15/mo for a live population server of a game they like, not everyone plays emu cuz their on welfare. *shrug*
The rich get rich and stay rich by being penny-pinching frugal misers. The greatest thing this server has going for it is that it's free. I guess emulators have spoiled me. FREE is the only way to go.

Elendil's Giveaway
Closed Thread