Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Skeleton

Question Need help! P99 Installation on Mac

EDIT: I seem to have everything downloaded correctly and the Wine paths correct and such. But how do I actually RUN the eq client?? When I double-click eqgame.exe it just says that OSX doesn't support windows files.

Thank you!

-Josh
Last edited by Aarinak; 12-11-2013 at 12:38 AM..
Old 12-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Skeleton

Anybody with knowledge about this stuff? Trying to play while my PC is in the shop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Could always go the bootcamp route..... i havent done the mac install so I can help you but I've boot camped my macbook pro and it runs windows perfectly.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Skeleton

I have everything done exactly like the guides say using the Wine wrapper, but I do not understand how to open eqgame.exe since I'm using OSX. I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff but I think I have the paths right and everything. How do I run EQ??
Old 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Large Bat

There's quite a long list of instructions when you install the client on a mac through wineskin, double check and make sure you did do everything EXACTLY as asked. Make sure the wineskin advanced options have patchme written under the EXE flags. Make sure the wineskin wrapper is in the location exactly as instructed. Also using the "kill wineskin processes" command tends to work out a lot of start up issues. Seems like a problem with the wineskin set up as opposed to EQ.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 AM
Skeleton

So you're saying I should be able to just double-click eqgame.exe?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Large Bat

After installing it via the instructions on this website I double-click the Project1999.app that I created with the wine wrapper and it runs.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

I did the same thing. I did have some issues that I can't remember, but I just ended up going over the instructions one more time, redoing each step and it worked.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Can anyone with Mac experience fill me in on whether its easier to do the Wineskin install method I currently have stickied, or if its easier to bootcamp it?

If it's easier to bootcamp, anyone feel like writing a guide?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone with Mac experience fill me in on whether its easier to do the Wineskin install method I currently have stickied, or if its easier to bootcamp it?

If it's easier to bootcamp, anyone feel like writing a guide?
It's easier to bootcamp. I have used it this way for 2 years, and I have it working in Wine also. If you are not familiar will the MAC OS and Wine, just bootcamp. I could write or assist in writing a document if needed.