Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention, if you're in this for solo exp, you aren't dealing with either north or west bosses.
I dunno. On an enc, the bosses are trivial at 54, I'm not even talking about 58+.
I have no doubt a 55+ nec can take them out just as easily.

I wonder what other classes can reliably solo the north/west bosses, without having raid buffs / countless wort pots / being a soulfire nerd etc.

I never played a monk, can a monk kill one of these level 50 boss mobs?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Banned

Having to deal with the boss in the north is a pain in the ass with necro. You have enough time to kill the wing basically before repops, going for boss is a novelty.

Chanters have an advantage in that they can lull biles and festers to single pull him easier.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention, if you're in this for solo exp, you aren't dealing with either north or west bosses.
West boss is very feasible for solo xp for 58+. You can pull that whole back hall, and then start breaking the pit while waiting for PH's. It's actually easier than north key boss imo, because he's not surrounded by 8 mobs that may or may not be undead for you to lull.

If this is something someone would be interested in, I'd recommend pulling the boss +1 add, so you have a back up pet when your pet gets killed.

If you keep the back hall cleared and are able to nab a few from the pit, it translates to about 2-3% xp in 59 per 20mins~
Old 04-14-2018, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

I think one thing we can all agree on here is that level 59 sucks any way you put it.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think one thing we can all agree on here is that level 59 sucks any way you put it.
I pushed an enc and nec through HS at 59. I felt like 54 sucked more but....yeah. it's a grind.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Banned

Yeah I found upper 50s as Necro an utter breeze. Like 10x faster than lower 50s. Necro is one of those classes that just keeps getting stronger as it levels while most others get weaker.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

For a charming class it's debatable if West is better xp than North at 57, but West is absolutely better xp than North at 58, 59, and 60. West also has the added benefit of very rarely being camped compared to North, and being a lot more fun in my opinion.

I guess a Shammy may be better off sticking to North till 60. Seems like even just dropping into West solo would be difficult for a shammy depending on what's spawned.
Closed Thread