Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Default General V`Ghera Proccing Harmtouch

Not sure what was changed in the patch where mob procs were affected (i.e. Sontalak), but now General V`Ghera is chain proccing Harmtouch, which is completely unclassic, and a bit ridiculous lol.

Each hit was for 500 damage.

[Mon Apr 11 22:46:41 2016] You feel your soul being consumed. You have taken 500 points of damage.

[Mon Apr 11 22:22:18 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:19 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:28 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:34 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:41 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:51 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:51 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony. (yes, this was a double HT)
[Mon Apr 11 22:22:55 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:23:06 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.
[Mon Apr 11 22:23:09 2016] Opmeter writhes in agony.

This was observed over multiple generals, taking a full raid force of NToV geared people to kill them.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Banned

he has always done this

it's the same proc lhranc has

he isn't hard, you just suck at everquest
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

This isnt Harm Touch.

Harm Touch is "Target writhes in *the grip of* agony"

The is a proc unique to the kith general and another mob or two. Get an evasive tank, couple clerics and a couple chanters to rune the tank. Procs dont happen while the target of the proc is runed.

And omg who is this full raid force of ntov? Have a hard time believing they made it that far with such a limited understanding of mechanics. We were killing this with under two groups in Kunark. I could tank it on a bard. Yes the proc was the same.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 04-12-2016 at 10:55 AM..
Old 04-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

I would actually pay good plat to watch a raid force of NToV geared people wipe to content I'd kill with 6 people in Kunark. Yeah, that would make me very happy.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Anecdotes about Kunark are pointless. Bragging about killing him with 6 is silly because he could be 3-4 maned there. He was way way under tuned and he got beefed up a lot. No one is talking about his shitty Kunark version.

Was there for this the other night. We wiped with a group of 5-6, I was tanking on Paly. We killed him easily when we got some more, maybe 12-14+

I actually think he is pretty close to where he is supposed to be now. He may be a bit over because he does multiple procs in 1 round.

Here is 8-2002 post regarding him http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...10287308371622
Quote:
Anyway, yeah, he's proccing that lifetap now. Our main tank was getting a 5 second Cheal rotation and we had no problems. I'd say the General is dealing out about 6k every 10 seconds now (on fully buffed tanks)
I think he is probably fine and just the OP of this thread hadn't fought him in a while and was surprised by the change. Also obviously an evasive tank would make it a little easier.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 04-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure general v'ghera is fine. I've had some fights where I fell down a couple times on my paladin valorium paladin, but he wasn't doing any more damage than could be healed by 1 cleric and a druid. his real swings don't do much damage at all, the procs are all that hurts. I'd be surprised if 3 tov geared chars couldn't trio him now.

edit: 1100 ac, 4.1k hp
Old 04-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would actually pay good plat to watch a raid force of NToV geared people wipe to content I'd kill with 6 people in Kunark. Yeah, that would make me very happy.
I duoed him in Kunark with Liia - and Sakuragi was in full Sebilite Scale. Now that Sak is appropriately buffed up, I'm guessing we could still do it, maybe with a wort pot here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas
Also obviously an evasive tank would make it a little easier.
There is just a huge difference between Warriors and Everyone Else for hard hitting NPCs. It's a factor of two.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure general v'ghera is fine. I've had some fights where I fell down a couple times on my paladin valorium paladin, but he wasn't doing any more damage than could be healed by 1 cleric and a druid. his real swings don't do much damage at all, the procs are all that hurts. I'd be surprised if 3 tov geared chars couldn't trio him now.

edit: 1100 ac, 4.1k hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev
I duoed him in Kunark with Liia - and Sakuragi was in full Sebilite Scale. Now that Sak is appropriately buffed up, I'm guessing we could still do it, maybe with a wort pot here and there.
Are these more Kunark anecdotes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev
There is just a huge difference between Warriors and Everyone Else for hard hitting NPCs. It's a factor of two.
No one is disagreeing with you on the large difference. Have you fought him recently? He is much more classic now. On live no way one warrior and one cleric had a shot of duoing him in Kunark.

Also I am going to reiterate that I don't think he needs to be looked into with the possible exception of someone verifying if multiple procs per round where possible.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 04-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The last time I tanked him on my paladin was march 8th. If the change happened after that, my anecdote is irrelevant.

Even if he is far more difficult since last month, he is just a weaker version of VS. You can fight him the same way.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 04-12-2016 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said in Kunark!

Because Liia and I were capable of duoing the weaker General V'ghera even though Sakuragi was wearing Ranger gear from Sebilis, I think we'd have a shot of doing the upgraded version considering Sakuragi's massive gear upgrades from Velious. We haven't tried yet, though.