Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default an enraged vampire in TOFS

Not sure what has caused this but level 6 and 7 of TOFS were incredibly unsafe due to enraged vampires blob-spawning near each port in. These were found on the port up to the second level of Floor 6. There were some at the front port in for Floor 6 and 3 additional ones on Floor 7. Ftfy and I cleared them out and I will make sure they don't come back, but something clearly happened to cause that.

https://imgur.com/a/gY1de

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

I️ have seen this too. 7th floor in Tserrina’s hall. There were 4 vampires all spawned.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

They spawn on the point where certain bats die and don't have a despawn timer. Perhaps some griefer trained the bats to that location, rooted and dotted them, then bailed without killing the vampires?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They spawn on the point where certain bats die and don't have a despawn timer. Perhaps some griefer trained the bats to that location, rooted and dotted them, then bailed without killing the vampires?
Quite possible. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

There are several mobs in tofs that will spawn another mob upon death e.g. killing a bat will spawn a vampire where that bat died. Some of those 2nd spawns are configured so that they sit at that location where the 1st mob died.

Tserrina is an example of this. You could train a bat that spawns Tserrina to the zone in, kill the bat to pop her at the entrance, and she'd remain in that spot.

Perhaps it's classic.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Hahaha holy shit it really is a mess up here. Clean up after yourself, god damn.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Uh, well. That happened. I cleaned out the vampires at the floor 6 to 7 port in, but couldn't deal with the ones in Tserrina's hallway because there were 7 all glommed onto Tserrina herself just on the other side of the fake wall. I headed down to 6 to see what could be done about them and after clicking from 5 I had juuuust enough time to think "Oh shit" and fail a sneak before about 15 of them destroyed me.

If this isn't a bug, some asshole really put in the work to get all the bats trained there, killed, and then continually CCed the vamps throughout what I can only assume was a dozen or more respawn cycles.
Last edited by Bummey; 11-09-2017 at 04:56 PM..
Old 11-13-2017, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

They're all gone now. Dunno who cleared them, that My Middle Name Is Danger group of ALS that was up there? Admins? Someone else? Good riddance, either way.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Fire Giant

The cluster behind the fake wall is back. Who keeps doing this shit? Grow up.

Last post. Bug forum, after all.
Last edited by Bummey; 11-15-2017 at 08:51 PM..