Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

While the collective upset is pleasing i am also slightly sad, mixed feelings.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Sorry you didn't get quake.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Kobold

maybe this quake that was missed will respawn warders?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:06 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTrips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sucks when 100+ people take the staff at their word only to be let down. if they don't want to do 2 quakes a month, just say so. Or if they want to do "spawn skips" that's fine, just say so. Don't let people sit around all day excited that they are "in window" only to find out that there never was a quake planned at all.

It's a mix of disappointment and a betrayal of trust. I just feel dumb that I believed them and spent a good portion of my weekend doing absolutely nothing but waiting for something that wasn't even going to happen.
This exactly. It's basically just being lied to. Which I guess is their prerogative, but it is clearly discouraging to a lot of people who were honestly ramped up and excited for what had the appearance of being a fantastic payoff of anticipation.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTrips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sucks when 100+ people take the staff at their word only to be let down. if they don't want to do 2 quakes a month, just say so. Or if they want to do "spawn skips" that's fine, just say so. Don't let people sit around all day excited that they are "in window" only to find out that there never was a quake planned at all.

It's a mix of disappointment and a betrayal of trust. I just feel dumb that I believed them and spent a good portion of my weekend doing absolutely nothing but waiting for something that wasn't even going to happen.
Might be a good idea to take stock of your life and re-prioritize if you wasted all of your weekend going after pixels
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

We all know who to blame for this!!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all know who to blame for this!!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
legit giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Project Manager

oic, sorry about that.

I've been in North Carolina this week helping with issues related to Hurricane Florence. Soo, I was not at home to notice the simulated respawn alert.

This system is supposed to be automated, but we haven't had a patch since last year. So to date, I've just rolled 2 datetimes in a local alert system.

Should be back within a couple weeks.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oic, sorry about that.

I've been in North Carolina this week helping with issues related to Hurricane Florence. Soo, I was not at home to notice the simulated respawn alert.

This system is supposed to be automated, but we haven't had a patch since last year. So to date, I've just rolled 2 datetimes in a local alert system.

Should be back within a couple weeks.
Thanks for taking the time with the hurricane victims. Stay safe out there.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
See, I just can't take you seriously when we are playing the same game. If my mother said this, absolutely: solid advice. But from a fellow EQer? It's as if you don't even know how the game works.
You said that you waited all weekend for this. What a fucking loser. Maybe go play a different game perhaps if the volunteer work here doesn’t meet your standards.
Closed Thread