Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 04:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fraps, petition forum. Venting on rnf will not have the effect you expect.
What Phenyo said. I would also maybe add any logs you may have with it. GM's are busy and maybe nothing will happen with this infraction but it will always be there, and with multiple issues could lead to something.

And at the end of the day everyone knows he's a dickhead AmIright?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tverian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monknificent.
Ahh, he was PL'ing some friend of his in Mistmoore yesterday too. Came and asked my mage for summoned bandaids. My group was at CE, but we had no trouble with him while I was there. Sucks you had that experience though.

If you have this kind of experience in the future, put in a petition when it happens. Even if you think nothing will come of it at the time, it builds a case against repeat offenders if that person does shitty stuff in the future. I believe the GMs and guides can see petition history against individuals or accounts. (may be mistaken about that)
Old 10-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

Monknificent as a name is ruining my immersion, I'll be petitioning for a name change
Old 10-29-2018, 05:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monknificent as a name is ruining my immersion, I'll be petitioning for a name change
It's also a stupid name, he should be forced to change it because it's so gay
Old 10-29-2018, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

I have no sympathy, you and everyone in your post that is leveling in Unrest... UNREST! And on a twink nonetheless. You are not an innocent little snowflake wanting to relive some nostalgia in your old stomping grounds. You are just a min/max junkie who can't bare to organize a little adventure in a different zone. You have your little leveling path all set out and you'll sit for hours LFG and sitting on your ass waiting for mobs to spawn.

But, I can't go anywhere else Rygar, I don't know those zones as well! I can't use SoW and there isn't a relatively safe zone line near by! I just want to watch netflix as I play mindlessly!

BE A MAN, YOU NOOB! Norrath has a wealth of content for you to enjoy, live life to its fullest and try something new. You won't even need to write a RnF post about people stealing your spawns.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed. Leveling in Unreat is like being a new smoker. Much like your body coughing to warn you that you’re inhaling poison, Dagnor’s Cauldron exists to warn you from making a terrible mistake. In both cases the warnings are too often ignored and result in various kinds of cancer, like the OP.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tverian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I am on my twink rogue in Unrest, LFG and finding full groups. I see a group in MR and another group of a cleric & mage @ FP, with a level 52 monk dressed in blue powerleveling them.

I hide/sneak through to see what all is up and what all I can take. I noticed that the Reanimated Hand is an even con and is not being taken out for a solid 10 minutes. A solid 10 minutes! I also notice that the entire reclusive ghoul magus room is up and only later find out this "group" had claim to the barkeep room as well. They literally owned everything!

I did not think it was a big deal to pull the hand, since it had been up for over 10 minutes, but it was an issue for this powerleveler who had claim to the entire upper Unrest, killing it or not, sitting in the room or not, able to take it out as it spawns or not.

It really pisses me off that this level 52 monk decided to KS me (level 22) because I "took" from them a mob that they ignored for 10+ minutes while they also "claimed" a room of 5 spawms but were too slow/stupid to notice. It is ridiculous. And I seriously doubt /petition does anything about these "minor" issues.
OP, this is how it works:

nobody has LoS and you draw first blood, then it's yours. if people try to claim more or harass you just growl at them and make them look dumb.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

also, for clarity, if he KS' you, petition. he will be suspended.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, for clarity, if he KS' you, petition. he will be suspended.
That is the thing: I feel nothing will happen. I did petition.

I should not have said "fucking GMs" :P I apologize. They do this for free. I was upset in the moment. Sorry guys!

But really, I very much doubt anything will even come of this. This monk "claimed" nearly all of the top floor of Unrest, while leaving it up, and then acted like I was the asshole for not asking them if I could take a single spawn that they left up for 10 minutes.

All 5 spawns were up in reclusive ghoul magi room which is closer to Fireplace where they were. They also "claimed" barkeep room. I pulled the hand which had been up for well over 10 minutes because I thought they were skipping it for whatever reason. They took offense and engaged it with the intention to prevent me from the kill. They then tried to make me look like the asshole for not asking their permission!

And I just feel like nothing ever happens about these minor situations.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no sympathy, you and everyone in your post that is leveling in Unrest... UNREST! And on a twink nonetheless. You are not an innocent little snowflake wanting to relive some nostalgia in your old stomping grounds. You are just a min/max junkie who can't bare to organize a little adventure in a different zone. You have your little leveling path all set out and you'll sit for hours LFG and sitting on your ass waiting for mobs to spawn.

But, I can't go anywhere else Rygar, I don't know those zones as well! I can't use SoW and there isn't a relatively safe zone line near by! I just want to watch netflix as I play mindlessly!

BE A MAN, YOU NOOB! Norrath has a wealth of content for you to enjoy, live life to its fullest and try something new. You won't even need to write a RnF post about people stealing your spawns.
lol wat?
Closed Thread