Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Default Human Inny Cleric - Quest(ions)

Hey folks,

A little admittedly embarrassed to be asking this, but what are the faction requirements to do the Paineel Cleric (dread/terror/fright forged) and the Inny Neck quests.

I got myself to Paineel to see if I could get quest text, and the guards right inside killed me :P - is this something I can IVU through to the cleric guild and be safe/gate out? Or do I need to grind some faction somewhere?

Similar situation in Neriak, except I can travel the town just fine, but the cleric folk wont sell or quest me!

Any insight always appreciated you beautiful lore keepers.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately, starting factions on this server are rather non classic and you often end up with cities hating or liking you when they should do the opposite.

Fortunately, faction for paineel is rather trivial, it is just a case of walloping a bunch of level 6 kobolds in the warrens. Load up your AoEs and have a riot!

For Neriak the cleric faction isn't so easy. Your best options might be having someone illusion you (borrow an AoN is a good one... would boon of the Garou also work?). Another method would be to try having someone cast invis on you while the trade window is open (would an instaclick cloudy potion work instead?).

Good luck young cleric, you have nothing to fear but Cazic himself!
Old 08-29-2017, 04:57 AM
Aviak

The diety quests are specific only to one god, so unless you follow Cazic Thule you can't use (and probably can't quest either) the necklace from Paineel.

If you follow Innoruuk, the quest starts with Perrir Zexus, whos primary faction is Priests of Innoruuk. Besides the neck quests themselves, it looks there is no creature to kill to improve this faction, and only the Visting Priestess quest to improve it besides, which is not very easy to spam/complete.

Since you follow the correct god, its your race stopping you (assuming you haven't been slaughtering Dark Elf clerics).
Options I can think of:
  • Do the quest in Illusion
  • Have the quest-giver charmed (unlikely)
  • Use a click from the Faction Necklace
It may be a bug, that human-inny clerics can't do the quest, because they don't start high enough /consider to get it. The quest is clearly aimed at humans completing it (and troll shamans) so... I'm unsure.

Good luck! I'm curious if you are able to find a work-around
Old 08-29-2017, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

I don't believe he is talking about the CT necklace, rather the other questable goodies from Paineel that only Eruds/humans may wear.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Dread_Forged_Shield

http://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask

http://wiki.project1999.com/Fright_Forged_Helm
Old 08-29-2017, 06:12 AM
Kobold

It's quite easy to do the Inny necklace for Human Clr worshipping Innoruuk. Also for Troll shammies, did both myself.

There's a quest in FP where you have to bring a letter to the DE clerics in Neriak which improves Cleric of Innoruuk faction massively and hardly hits the other factions (didnt become threat/kos after doing it 2 or 3 times at least). Go to the evil clerics in the tunnels in EFP and say "I am devouted to Innoruuk" or something like that to Savarixsa Zexus(? I think was it - the female dark elf priest standing there). You will get a note, which you bring to the cleric guildmaster in Neriak 3rd gate (Perrir?).

Before you start the necklace quest you should be safe in Neriak. After the part in the caster guild my cleric was kos to the necros and the wandering npc in commons is a pain, so bring something along for invis (ring, mask, cloud potion, etc) for the way to 3rd gate after completing the 2nd(?) necklace, if you re not high level enough to zone him off.

The step which made me kos to the necros was

"Loot his head and hand it to Draxiz N'Ryt in Neriak Commons. He can be found upstairs in the caster's guild at loc 120, -980, 3,75
(...)
Your faction standing with The Dead got worse.
Your faction standing with The Spurned got better.
You receive a Skinned Halfling Face Mask from Draxiz N`Ryt."

I also did the helmet in Paineel. Just go to Warrens and kill lowby kobolds. I was lucky to find an aoeing wiz - we joined forces and it was a quick thing to get to indiff or apprehensively (can't remember what faction I had then) which was enough. You just need someone to open the elevator for you, so you can access the city.
Last edited by Tortok; 08-29-2017 at 06:21 AM..
Old 08-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Aviak

Ugh, my reading comprehension is just awful..

The quest is called Innoruuk Recommendations, and is incomplete in the wiki, but Allah's has it Here.

Allah's says there should be a version of her in both Grobb and Freeport.
Quote:
You just need someone to open the elevator for you, so you can access the city.
You should be able to go up to any of the skeleton guards and say "Keyz" or "I need keyz" to get an elevator key.

Hope you are able to complete your necklace soon! Human-Inny cleric has a huge appeal on this server, glad to know the quest is attainable.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathnir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to go up to any of the skeleton guards and say "Keyz" or "I need keyz" to get an elevator key.
I thought you needed aimable or better faction to get "keyz"? If you do faction just enough to do the hum/eru cleric quests I think you will not be able to demand keys this way...
But I'm not 100% sure about this since I cannot remember if I tried to demand the keys from the guards before asking for someone to let me in...
Old 08-29-2017, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Dubious.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-29-2017, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

I am also under the impression Paineel key was amiable and wiki says...

"also given free by newbie guards if faction at least amiable."

Re: Boon of the Garou, I've never tried it in the Neriak cleric guild specifically, but Werewolf makes me KOS pretty much everywhere I've ever been as far as cities go, Velks is the only place I've ever seen it boost faction. If you try that route I'd target the NPC and run to a safe spot to get illusioned and con the NPC from the safe spot so you don't get instantly murdered.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

I made a human Inny cleric because the clickies looked fun, and I figured such a deity/race combination was uncommon. I actually found it pretty interesting, from the start having to fix evil faction with the dark elves through a mini quest and onward.

I got the snare necklace, fright forged helm, and dread forged shield and am just missing the clicky fear mask. My point is it's really time consuming but fun working with the evil Paineel cleric guild NPCs on these quests and if you come to the point you need Vial of Tunare's Breath for the Fright Forged Helm, I have an extra on my cleric.

This no-drop piece is a real PITA to get, the named wood elf it drops from can be extremely hard to catch in Lfay. We can MQ it I am sure. Just let me know if you get to this quest and need this part to complete it for the helm.

The helm is really cool, it's an insta clicky see invis spell on top of being a useful spell refresher item, sadly it has to be worn though. Still not a bad item.
Closed Thread