Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enslaved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, and likely about 90% of the reasonable, logical, intelligent people on this server, are still waiting for a single viable reason why Variance should not be eliminated immediately for the good of P99.
you've been presented with a plethora but you don't care. all you want is loot that you didn't earn. go play wow or something.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enslaved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignored forever, and good riddance. You are such a smarmy little piece of shit, eeling out of every single question we asked you, every lie exposed. Good luck with being like that irl, man. You're going to need every single erg of it.
i responded to you over and over, but you are too stupid and uninformed to comprehend any facts. good riddance to an uninformed, ignorant, sad, mad, bad rejected tmo applicant.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Skeleton

I had to make an account just to post on this. I don't know if any of you guys played fippy progression server in its prime, but i was in the top "powerhouse" guild Twisted Legion and its the same thing as whats happening on here. If you can't handle the way eq raiding happens then this just isn't the game for you. Or it seems there is enough of you opposing the two top guilds on this server, why not try and make your own "powerhouse" guild. What better way to show your hatred for them then taking there targets?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

OH, Fippy had variance?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Skeleton

The targets had windows so yes fippy had variance. Not sure if its to the same degree as this server though
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Skeleton

There would be 35-50 people on call at every hour of the day when a targets window would begin to compete with shitizen(the rival guild, if you could call them that)
Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everquest on live rewarded time invested with rewards/loots. i'd argue that your proposal to remove variance with the knowledge it would just lead to epic zerg FTE fights would be the exact opposite of that. if anything adding in variance (and yes you are going to get arguments from guilds that don't want to track and think it's unfair) is much closer to classic in regards to rewarding the guilds with the most time invested.

again did you even raid on live in kunark?
I think classic spawn times would be much closer to classic. How much more classic could you get? To argue against this would be absurd. Why is there variance when it isn't classic?

Why customize one part of a server aiming to be classic to "improve" game play when that isn't what this project is about? This project is about recreating classic and that includes all the classic perceived hardships, difficulties, positives, negatives ... that classic offers.

Who cares if the raid scene is tough, unfair, it should be tough, unfair or whatever but be classic. That is the goal after all. If the goal is to make a classic like EQ experience yet with improvements, varience would be the first "improvement in my mind that isn't living up to the task.

If we are making a classic server with improvements, I can think of much better ones such as a custom made auction house, instanced dungeons .. etc .. but that isn't the goal of this project.

I thought it was to re-create the classic experience. Remove variance and let classic be classic, problems in all. Why pick and choose what is classic?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OH, Fippy had variance?
There were windows, for sure. Poopsocks started w/ the window starting, and we'd all sit there until it popped - you didn't know exactly when it was coming.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think classic spawn times would be much closer to classic. How much more classic could you get? To argue against this would be absurd. Why is there variance when it isn't classic?

Why customize one part of a server aiming to be classic to "improve" game play when that isn't what this project is about? This project is about recreating classic and that includes all the classic perceived hardships, difficulties, positives, negatives ... that classic offers.

Who cares if the raid scene is tough, unfair, it should be tough, unfair or whatever but be classic. That is the goal after all. If the goal is to make a classic like EQ experience yet with improvements, varience would be the first "improvement in my mind that isn't living up to the task.

If we are making a classic server with improvements, I can think of much better ones such as a custom made auction house, instanced dungeons .. etc .. but that isn't the goal of this project.

I thought it was to re-create the classic experience. Remove variance and let classic be classic, problems in all. Why pick and choose what is classic?
yes no variance would be classic, but removal of variance completely would lead to 100-200 ppl sitting on top of trakanon's spawn fighting for the first hit on him to gain agro and the loot from the mob. that is not classic. again if anyone wants to post a screenshot of this happening on live when kunark was the top content please feel free to prove me wrong.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes no variance would be classic, but removal of variance completely would lead to 100-200 ppl sitting on top of trakanon's spawn fighting for the first hit on him to gain agro and the loot from the mob. that is not classic. again if anyone wants to post a screenshot of this happening on live when kunark was the top content please feel free to prove me wrong.
I think we could bond over FTE without variance.

We'd be one big happy family, suffering together.

Or...

Maybe when everyone is in the same boat...they'd learn to work together.

I'll start...

Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya
Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya
O Lord Kumbaya

One can dream. You will never take that away.
Closed Thread