Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont buy into this player skill > class thing. I DO however think that if two classes are CLOSE in something.. the player skill can make up the difference. I agree with the every class is worth having around camp.
Sure like I said, there are the obvious greats at given tasks... still I'd rather have a group of good players and a weird group make-up than the 'perfect' mix with just one idiot in the group.

Different play styles. /shrug
Old 11-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Ranger friend on live was such an insanely good ranger... I only knew rangers through him for years untill we got into big guilds and such- we mostly did things as our RL group in classic and most of kunark... I was shocked by how shitty rangers where. I would constantly ask rangers in groups and guild to do stuff that he did all the time and they all thought I was crazy.

Skill in EQ was very much a thing- now days even on p99 it is less because there are so many guides etc on how to play each class- back in the day people had to figure out the "oddities" and little work arounds of their class themselves.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 11-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure like I said, there are the obvious greats at given tasks... still I'd rather have a group of good players and a weird group make-up than the 'perfect' mix with just one idiot in the group.

Different play styles. /shrug
Rogue, Necro, Mage group kills surprisingly fast! Also, glad those online journalism credits are working out for you, Stinkum. I'm impressed, very professional. It's just like cracked.com, minus the humor.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragolyche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladins get crititical hit vs undead in velious.
Wrong, in Luclin with AA.
someone pulled up some proof that it actually was in Velious

proof was from the old Afterlife website i think
Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
someone pulled up some proof that it actually was in Velious

proof was from the old Afterlife website i think
I'm curious to see the details on this, if its possible to find

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious to see the details on this, if its possible to find
paladins can : /disc holyforge - while this disc is up paladins can score regular crits in normal players or npcs, if the target is undead u can score a crippling blow.

it only work while using the named discipline up.

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=4603

i think this can help you better than my poor english skills into what was slay udnead and the use of this disc since in pop both where changed.
Last edited by Arteker; 11-20-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 11-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Increases crit chance by 200% and increases crippling blow chance by 20% and lasts 2 minutes then later in 2001 lasts 5 minutes? Sounds way too good to be true.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladins can : /disc holyforge - while this disc is up paladins can score regular crits in normal players or npcs, if the target is undead u can score a crippling blow.

it only work while using the named discipline up.

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=4603

i think this can help you better than my poor english skills into what was slay udnead and the use of this disc since in pop both where changed.
pretty sure this is exactly what i was thinking of, thank you
Old 11-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty sure this is exactly what i was thinking of, thank you
bare in mind this is the updated version the pop one.
original disc was quite different and was more in line with rng , when they added slay undead and crit aas this disc in luclin was prety broken.

original slay was 50% chance on regular critic turning into a slay aka soandso holy cleanse for xxxx. if u added original holyforge disc u got even more chances to proc on regular crits didint work with crippling blows from the disc.

it was a prety much messed up disc since velious wich wasnt touched much(even we can say broken) because it give paladins some short of fake sense of omg big hits ala warrior .

u could get at all 0 crits or crips for the time of the disc being up. but was funny when random monkey war would get a 500ish crit
Old 12-07-2013, 02:57 AM
Sarnak

necro'ed.

51 paladin lfg.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Closed Thread