Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Post New Druid Guide around

Hello fellow Druids !!

After seeing many other guides focused on how to maximize the potential of a class in the high end, I decided to create, focussed mostly in the druid high-end. Check it out in

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Hi...de_by_Gaviilan

It's a little humble to start with, but I'm willing to keep updating it. Hope it helps some of the druids out there to make its playing better. Note Its based solely on my experiences with Gaviilan, my druid and almost only char here for 2 years now.

Cheers!
Last edited by rafaone; 11-18-2013 at 08:28 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

FYI, charisma does not affect druid, shaman, or necro charming - it only affects enchanter charming.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
FYI, charisma does not affect druid, shaman, or necro charming - it only affects enchanter charming.
There is no serius evidence about this. As I wrote in the guide, more CHA couldnt harm you anyway, and the post I could find about this are unsure about this, neither here or in Live.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Kobold

Guide is in serious need of proofreading. When you type things like "charm quitting" and "regrowth of the groove" and it is riddled through with texting-style shorthand it does not encourage people to take it seriously.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no serius evidence about this. As I wrote in the guide, more CHA couldnt harm you anyway, and the post I could find about this are unsure about this, neither here or in Live.
More +CHA can harm you in a way since you will possibly lose potential +WIS and +Mana trying to build it.

I charmed for a long, long time on this server. And I will almost guarantee that +CHA has zero effect on it. Pretty sure my CHA was around maybe 75, and charms would still hold for a good long duration. Plenty of time to get the work done.

The more mana you can get outweighs trying to fill slots with +CHA gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 11-19-2013, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

I will add one thing about druids and +CHA. Before Kunark got released, CHA did seem to have an effect. Tested in Kunark Beta a little, and pumping CHA seemed to hold charm better on raptors in TD.

However, if I remember there was a early on patch after Kunark came out here that changed all that.

But I will still say having low CHA vs high CHA didn't have any effect on charming once Kunark was live here. And besides, for druids you don't really need a charmed mob to be charmed for very long anyway. So wasting the gear slots to build it is a waste compared to building a bigger mana pool so you can charm for longer.

Unless this has been changed in the last 6 or so months however, I've been retired mostly for a good almost year.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Sarnak

Thank's for the advise, Auvdar and Mistle. I reviewed the guide and:

- Corrected some gramatical Issues.
- Corrected the "tone" of some phrases.
- Rewriten the Charisma part of the guide.

Feel free to check it again and tell me if you see any other issue.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank's for the advise, Auvdar and Mistle. I reviewed the guide and:

- Corrected some gramatical Issues.
- Corrected the "tone" of some phrases.
- Rewriten the Charisma part of the guide.

Feel free to check it again and tell me if you see any other issue.

Thanks.
Never liked druids or played a druid seriously but had a skim read of this last night and it's informative enough to be "wiki worthy" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Raptors are good up until around 54/55, then I would add moving to Permafrost.

Bear pit below Voxs lair is a slight pain to get into, but once you are down there (bind in the 'safe spot' down there to save a hassle) you are golden until 60.

The long and short of getting down there, at least the way I used to do it, was to bind myself outside the Ice Giant door in Perma. Run past the door invis, go as far as I can until I spot a see-invis giant. (Helps to know the tunnels well. I used ezserver at the time to learn the way). Get aggro, then train the giants to the ent. (Of course, make sure no one is in zone. Or at least give warning... it's just the nice thing to do since you are training on purpose here..). Wait at the ent until the giants show up, then zone out. Immediately gate back to your bind spot outside the giant (thus leap-frogging the giants as they path back) and run to the safe pit and fall down. I don't believe any mobs in the pit see-invis. Once down, get into the safe corner (easy to figure out) and bind yourself. This will allow you to gate out, buff/sow/get clarity/ whatever without having to train yourself back down.

Spent 55-60 down there. Pathing sucked with the ramp, but once you get the rotation down it's simple.

Also, Tunares request (lvl 55 charm) sucked. Stick with Call.

edit: The above trick may not work, I remember a patch about not being able to bind in raid zones or something. Might wanna run up to Perma and see if you can even bind before adding that.

If I can think of anything else I'll reply.

Quote:
Last edited by Auvdar; 11-19-2013 at 11:15 PM..
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

^ Is there anywhere else other than the bears in Permafrost?

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Closed Thread