Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 12:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
devs have already confirmed Luclin is NEVER coming
FTFY
Old 01-31-2016, 01:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vex thall? Really? you enjoyed that developers released an expansion too early, and weren't ready for people to reach the end of it? you liked the annoyingly long key quest that was only there to kill time since the end game would have been finished too quickly otherwise? Or was it the monsters? Did you enjoy developers smashing their keyboards to come up with names then take a normal amount of HP and multiply it by 100000? Or was it the finished coding in the zone? I know I loved it when an ogre or troll forgot to shrink got gfluxed and everything in the zone would train downstairs?

SSRA was the only good raiding zone in luclin
Someone's angry and snarky. Yeesh.

Yes, I enjoyed Vex Thal. It was an interesting raid zone with some fun clicky items on the loot table (Gotta love them clickies!). And I had a riot of a time in there with my guild. I've never had a problem with key quests, so I'm not sure what you would like me to say there.

I also have to say I'm not sure why the names should be such an issue to you. As to the stat inflation, seriously, have you watched what they've done with EQ? It was par for the course, and part of the reason I still prefer classic.

By the time anyone got to Vex Thal, we all know what to expect from bugs. This was Luclin after all, it's not like you set foot into VT and went "OH hey, first bug ever!". So we mostly just laughed it off and tried again.

So you can keep your steaming pile of snarky hatred somewhere else. We're all allowed our own opinions of our memories. /shrug
Old 01-31-2016, 02:12 AM
Orc

To OP:

Look for TAKP - The Al'Kabor Project. The server will end at PoP. I know you said you wanted a server that stops at SoL but i'll just throw that one out there for you. Great server, currently in Kunark.

- Blizzard's Potion Delivery -
SoW, IvU, and Shrink Pots made to order and delivered to you.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Loved Luclin , I would be happy to see it , but just a happy to stay where we are. Classic is how one's own person remembrance goes. I played from release on live, PoP killed live EQ for me but I do not have any complaints about Luclin. I loved my halfling ranger with his howitzer of a bow!
Old 01-31-2016, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman703 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also this is classic everquest luclin is not classic the graphics arent classic beastlords arent AAs arent classic Kei isnt classic
I distinctly remember AA's being implemented pretty close to the UI update, Velious era. My memory might be failing me.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Devs confirmed this server is going to stop at House of Thule expansion.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I distinctly remember AA's being implemented pretty close to the UI update, Velious era. My memory might be failing me.
no. luclin era
Old 01-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no. luclin era
Well it was in the UI elements at least, I guess not coded in yet. I quit before Luclin, shortly after the UI update, and I remember the AA Tab.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:47 PM
Kobold

All of you neckbeards saying "Luclin isnt classic, AAs arent classic" are idiots. VELIOUS ISNT CLASSIC. The only thing that's "Classic" is EQ pre-kunark.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastionleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of you neckbeards saying "Luclin isnt classic, AAs arent classic" are idiots. VELIOUS ISNT CLASSIC. The only thing that's "Classic" is EQ pre-kunark.
Not really. Trilogy is widely considered as Classic because once Luclin dropped a lot of standard direction and mechanic/pacing changed. I believed Verant/Players called it the "Vision" back then. With Luclin, a lot of that changed.
Closed Thread