Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 09:26 PM
Banned

items are the worst part of p99, prove me wrong.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The economy that has built up around items on P99 is the worst part because it's manipulated by people who never leave EC tunnel. The items are just a tool that they use to make themselves the George Soroses of EverQuest.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Swirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always see dwarven work boots for 250-500p???

maybe im misisng something
My EC mule has not seen any that low (250) in 2 months. Do you have any logs to back up this assertion that I could use to make my auction parser better? (There is a chance I missed an auction while playing, but I haven't played in weeks.)

"always", and "250" seems like a bit of hyperbole, however.

https://unixgeek.com/prices-P1999Gre...WorkBoots.html
Old 01-23-2020, 08:06 AM
Kobold

the lowest DWBs have been is 400 on teal before the merge... i watch the auctioner twitch channel all the time when i play. 400-500 is about what DWB is worth imo... this 1.2k bullshit is idiotic. sure they are "BiS" but not by much. you can't use BiS to describe both items like DWB and FBSS because it is very misleading to value.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt any of those big-ticket items are being purchased by people who use them. EC tunnel is a human centipede of item farmers and fatcats.
this visual though
Old 01-23-2020, 09:46 AM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fat cat aka someone putting in effort instead of complaining.

There's the people who happily play casually, and then the jealous, angry casuals and they are the worst. People like them are how you get rooted dragons in TOV.
To be fair, I don't think I'm alone in thinking the enforced/coded FTE for raid mobs on blue was not very classic at all. Variance plus that made alot of unhealthy adults do a lot of very unhealthy things for years - I'm talking about the "lucky" raid guild scouts/trackers. It is no wonder so many posters here whole lives are this emu game and/or special places on the internet.

I hope at least you guild leaders gave your scouts Tremendous pixels in return for enabling that level of obsession.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:52 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah...pixel lust does crazy things to some dedicated players. If I had an addiction to playing this w friends or family, I could always fimd something to do besides staring at walls for a raiding guild or staring at walls in tunnelquest to profit.

The pathology involved in people raid mob tracking for years I find more disconcerting than tunnelquest as long as tunnelquester is making some kinda progress at a ateady rate.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Banned

Smile

3 months of guard platinum (especially HK), treants, mesh armour plat, Fs/bronze, giants plat, Ore plat (HK & SolA), WK bandit sashes, Rabid grizzly quests, Lightstones + more....ta da!! Server is flooded with platinum compared to the 1st month or 45 days when we were all low-platinum poor Elves and trolls.

Prices were cheap when we were poor and demand was lower. People just wanted to level and get /list items in the old days.

Things change quickly on a fresh server, this is the new normal.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

People saying Items should be X amoun per stat are so short sighted. So many things go into item pricing. Rarity, Difficulty to obtain, time to obtain, stats, stats for different classes, slot alternatives. Reed belt is the only wisdom belt in the game, saying wisdom is a shit stat is not an argument, you're going to try to cap your wisdom anyways so you want the only wisdom slot you can get. If there was a +25 hp +30 mana waist in the game reed belt would be worth 500pp because people would use other slots to cap their wisdom. The slot and slot alternatives can drive a price way up. Also the fact that people are sitting on tons of plat.
Closed Thread