Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Default Your tax dollars at work

Catchy tune celebrating welfare. Swipe. Swipe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk
Old 09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Kobold

while i never liked rap music, its has come along way (imo a bad way) from the conscious rap of Professor Griff and Public enemy. Songs embracing wal-mart, selling crack, food stamps. As a man with many african-american friends 2 of them who rap, i've challenged them before by saying hip hop / rap is the worst thing to happen to blacks since slavery. Surprisingly they agree but argue its the only medium they can use to "reach" their people. Sad because reggae, jazz, and soul is awesome.

Poor people so attached to validating their material self-worth they will rap about eating the scraps of masta's table. E.g- Ebt cards.

Another tear rolls off hipsters face...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofahipster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while i never liked rap music, its has come along way (imo a bad way) from the conscious rap of Professor Griff and Public enemy. Songs embracing wal-mart, selling crack, food stamps. As a man with many african-american friends 2 of them who rap, i've challenged them before by saying hip hop / rap is the worst thing to happen to blacks since slavery. Surprisingly they agree but argue its the only medium they can use to "reach" their people. Sad because reggae, jazz, and soul is awesome.

Poor people so attached to validating their material self-worth they will rap about eating the scraps of masta's table. E.g- Ebt cards.

Another tear rolls off hipsters face...
I'm envisioning that indian from the old don't litter ads in the 70's now.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Kobold

hahaha

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i guess pollution was a shame. but not killing off most of the indians. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

The song is comedy... like Dick in a Box or Mother Lover.
I don't think they are actually condoning what's in the song.
This is a commonly used concept in music in general but especially in parody.

When the Dead Kennedy's wrote Kill The Poor, it wasn't because they did or even wanted to.
Last edited by guineapig; 09-20-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Closed Thread