Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Any bets on going rate for a Zlandicar heart?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

I am expecting them to be insane at the start price wise, probably 300-400k if not more, because of how many necromancers will want one and people will pay for the convenience of having it faster... But I believe they will stabilize over time at around 50k-100k to be honest... That is, if normal market forces hold up. If the mob is able to be held exclusively by a guild depending, then prices can be artificially inflated. Ultimately they shouldn't be too pricy as they are simply too common, and Zlandicar isn't that high up a raid target. That is assuming how it was in beta holds up.

The 17 HP is as follows:

+2 from Aura of Battle. Necromancers will get this from the Spirit Wracked Cord Quest which will require us to have good reputation with Chardok. We will have to kill Juggs and Trak, Drusella Sathir, and have the ring. But this item is really worth it.

+5 from Zlandicar's Heart. By and large you'll only be swapping in VP stick, epic, fear stick, VS stick, etc. only on a need to basis, and Zlandicar's Heart will remain for the rest.

+10 from the Coldain Ring. Relatively accessible. We'll have to see.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 02-24-2015 at 12:25 PM..
Old 02-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Great overview. do you feel this will diminish the value of iksar? If the same question was posed in Velious would your response be so fervently pro iksar or do the other races catch up?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

No, other races simply have nothing to offer at the top end.

Potential stats gaps will disappear with Velious gear and faction can be corrected.

Basically the only thing other races will offer will be tinkering (gnome), hide (dark elf) and possibly some race restricted gear (which should be outclassed by Velious anyways).

Regen > All
Old 02-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

I would still be adamantly pro-Iksar. This is what I tried to get at toward the end of my mega post. What necromancers do, above anything else, is they trade HP for things. You use Lich to give up some HP to gain mana. Now, you could do this efficiently by sitting, but maybe you need to run? When you stand, you lose regen, so you lose more health per mana tick. You give up HP to gain mobility. You mentally space out and realize you are not sitting, so you lose HP. You give up HP because you screwed up. You get punched, and you give up HP because you didn't root your mob far enough away from you. You decide to cast a spell that takes longer than 5 seconds to cast, so you're going to lose a med and sitting hp tick. You give up HP to use a more powerful spell. And yes, you give up HP to choose another race.

Pretty much anytime you deviate from the smooth and clean situation of 100% sit time with Demi Lich, you're going to be losing some form of efficiency. Your HP gain will be lost. Anyone who has played this game will know just how common this is. You ultimately are going to have to handle making some of these trade offs that you otherwise wouldn't want to do.

The more padding you have, the better off you are. The more HP you gain, the more situations you can adapt to without needing to click off Demi Lich to keep the machine going. Regeneration is devalued, but the value is still rather strong. No matter what, the Non-Iksar races will never have the extra +11/+9/+8. Nothing changes that.

Think of the situation I listed with using Manna Robe + VP Stick to gain insane amounts of efficiency as an Iksar. A Non-Iksar still loses HP (albeit slowly). This means if they get punched, or hit with an AE, or some other really shitty situation arises, they need to stop the machine to let their health come back. The Iksar had around +70 hp a minute, which is pretty damn good to be able to sit on.

Lets go more accessible, and say Demi-Lich. Iksar have +18 and +17 with those 3 items. +35 total. +24 for Non-Iksar. So with Demi Lich, you have +3 for an Iksar while sitting, and -8 for a Non-Iksar while sitting. But then standing, it drops to -3/-11. Lets say your charm breaks at a shitty time, as you're rooting your target. You root the first, and the second punches you for 200 between all swings before you ST + Recharm. You want to keep your mana machine going, and stay in Demi Lich. Now who do you want to be? The guy getting -3 or -11 a tick? I'd rather be the -3 guy. I'd prefer to use more mana efficient finishers rather than Deflux by not needing the HP of Deflux.

So, in the end, I believe regeneration always has value simply because the game isn't as linear as always sitting and getting 100% of your regen and mana. There are situations to adapt to, and the more regen you have, the more easily you can adapt without becoming inefficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically the only thing other races will offer will be tinkering (gnome), hide (dark elf) and possibly some race restricted gear (which should be outclassed by Velious anyways).
It is worth noting that gnomes not only have Tinker (although tinker is devalued by the presence of Holgresh Elder Beads), but they get to look through walls. Dark Elf hide, however, was nerfed to being just invis. Given we have a Circlet of Shadow, this benefit is completely useless. Dark Elf Hide used to be Invis + Ivu, which was amazing while root rotting... But that was nerfed before I even made Sesserdrix. Gnome, in my eyes, has the top of the non-iksar necromancer title.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 02-24-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 02-24-2015, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

This thread shows again why Uteunayr is the best poster on this forum. Thanks for all the great info, as always

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 02-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Disregard, forgot we were discussing Necro's not enchanters.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Ute forgot to add 1 more important thing.

The Iksar has a higher AC.

For taking a hit form a mob.
This does factor in, if you have not so good equipment.
Closed Thread