Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

Default P1999 wiki auction logs - edit mistake?

This is most likely a useless post in the wrong forum - but I thought I'd try anyway.

I've taken up JC on Teal and it was called to my attention that my (Faerie's) auctions are being logged at odd prices. Exactly 50% of what I auction them for. For example, Platinum Jasper Rings are showing at 138 instead of 275. Silver Ruby Veil 89p instead of 170, etc.

I'm fairly sure it was just my own ignorance of how the auction logger logs things, and likely not someone purposely slicing prices before uploading. I was doing my auctions "Platinum Jasper Rings 275p or two for 525p".. and I'm sure it just parsed the words "two" and the first price together, and that's why it's showing up wrong.

I've fixed my hotkeys not to have the word "two" in them moving forward, but is there any way to delete out those old numbers that don't reflect what the prices actually were? I tried to make a P1999 Wiki account to try and fix it on my own, but I can't.

I noted a mix up on
-Platinum Jasper Ring (138 instead of 275)
-Jaded Platinum Ring (200 instead of 400)
-Silver Ruby Veil (89 instead of 170)
-Rose Platinum Engagement Ring (188 instead of 375)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no to fixing this log error somehow, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask =)

Thank you for your time!

Faerie (Teal)
Aeaolena (Blue)
aka Vowels
Old 12-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

I'm one of the majority auction data uploaders. I looked at my logs and it looks like you put stats in before the item. Like this:

[Mon Dec 09 23:52:15 2019] Faerie auctions, 'WTS Rings: +2 Wis and +2 Int, 4p ea or 7p pair. +2 Str, 5p ea or 9p pair. +6 Wis, Platinum Jasper Ring 275p. +4 Int, Platinum Rose Engagement Ring 275p. +4 Str, Platinum Amber Ring 275p (or 525p a pair on platinum rings)'

I'm not sure if that's being parsed correctly or not (quite honestly, it's a lot of numbers for ME as a human to parse). People generally know the stats of the thing they want, so a way more common way is to just list:

WTS Platinum Rose Engagement Ring 275p (etc)

And of course link the item so people can click if they want to know the stats of it. Parsers will often look for "WTS", followed somewhere by "<item> <price>, <item> <price>, ..."

FWIW, I wrote my own parser and it looks for stuff like that. It IS catching some of your stuff correctly (none of my code manipulates price; it simply drops the price if it can't figure it out). For example:

https://unixgeek.com/prices-P1999Tea...asperRing.html
Last edited by Frug; 12-12-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Old 12-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm one of the majority auction data uploaders. I looked at my logs and it looks like you put stats in before the item. Like this:

[Mon Dec 09 23:52:15 2019] Faerie auctions, 'WTS Rings: +2 Wis and +2 Int, 4p ea or 7p pair. +2 Str, 5p ea or 9p pair. +6 Wis, Platinum Jasper Ring 275p. +4 Int, Platinum Rose Engagement Ring 275p. +4 Str, Platinum Amber Ring 275p (or 525p a pair on platinum rings)'

I'm not sure if that's being parsed correctly or not (quite honestly, it's a lot of numbers for ME as a human to parse). People generally know the stats of the thing they want, so a way more common way is to just list:

WTS Platinum Rose Engagement Ring 275p (etc)

And of course link the item so people can click if they want to know the stats of it. Parsers will often look for "WTS", followed somewhere by "<item> <price>, <item> <price>, ..."

FWIW, I wrote my own parser and it looks for stuff like that. It IS catching some of your stuff correctly (none of my code manipulates price; it simply drops the price if it can't figure it out). For example:

https://unixgeek.com/prices-P1999Tea...asperRing.html
Thank you - this is actually my new hotkey attempting to fix the problem. I make most things to order so I was trying to find a good way to list the stats (for those who don't know) without linking, but also have the price parse correctly.

(I was also just listing just stats for a while - but then I feel like since the wiki is listing old errors I need new information to show that those numbers aren't normal. I'm in a trap lol)
Last edited by Aeaolena; 12-12-2019 at 03:42 PM..
Old 12-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw - I love your parser and have been using it the past few weeks constantly. I didn't even realize there was a "teal" tab on the p1999 wiki until someone pointed it out to me.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
btw - I love your parser and have been using it the past few weeks constantly. I didn't even realize there was a "teal" tab on the p1999 wiki until someone pointed it out to me.
Ah, thanks; kind of you to say! If you have other features you'd like to see let me know (email link on the bottom of the pages, or here, or wherever).
Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noted a mix up on
-Platinum Jasper Ring (138 instead of 275)
-Jaded Platinum Ring (200 instead of 400)
-Silver Ruby Veil (89 instead of 170)
-Rose Platinum Engagement Ring (188 instead of 375)
In his recent round of overhauls Ravhin gave wiki admins a way to correct auction entries.

It's a minor pain in the butt, so hopefully it's not something we need to use often, but in this case I was able to use it to remove all Faerie entries for the listed items.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In his recent round of overhauls Ravhin gave wiki admins a way to correct auction entries.

It's a minor pain in the butt, so hopefully it's not something we need to use often, but in this case I was able to use it to remove all Faerie entries for the listed items.
You are my hero. Thank you!
Old 12-27-2019, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope the admins aren't fat cats.
Closed Thread