Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 11:35 PM
Large Bat

Default Time to twist

Greetings P99ers,

Playing EQ again after quitting more than 15 years ago! I almost came back when this project started many years ago but RL stuff came up.

Leveling is hard. The nostalgia is real. Just as I remembered!

I have to say my first impression is pretty good. Logged in on my level 1 bard in Freeport and the first thing I see is an epic-wielding paladin in skellie form killing militia guards. Shoutout to Allenon! Not only was he a nice fellow, but he also had the kindness to give me a couple of loots from the corpses. I was then able to afford my first few songs, some backpacks, and the basic instruments. In a game like EQ, it helps a lot go through the annoying first levels!

Then as I was killing my first moss snakes and orc pawns, another nice player buffed me up without me asking as he ran by me.

So, this was a pretty good first short session. If anyone out there wants to group up for some leveling, feel free to message me on my level 2 bard Playit! Hoping to make the low levels grind less painful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2021, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Welcome back! Really awesome feel good story,I have a similar one about a necro having me vendor for him and getting a cut.

Hope to group with you someday! Good luck on your purple throws and have fun!!