Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-29-2015, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Language Training

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki...e&oldid=156058

"Also of note, the teacher does not need to be fully fullent to teach. A teacher can spam a group up to one skill point higher than his ability. For example, if Ranger Bob wants to teach Gnoll and only speaks with an ability of 13, he can teach is group up to a skill level of 14. To reach fluency, both Ranger Bob and the members of his group can group spam each other until full fluency is achieved."

This doesn't seem to be implemented correctly on P99.
On live in 2000, myself and a friend both put one skill point into each language, and then spammed each other using this +1 increase until we were both at 100 - I've tried this on P99 and it doesn't work.
The skill not reflecting in the skills window until you zone however, is most certainly classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2015, 05:03 AM
Fire Giant

It works, I trained about 10 languages from 1 skill to max with friends just spamming. You seem to only be able to train people +1 level higher than your current skill level, a speaker with a skill of 10 could train people up to 11.

However, on p99 you and/or your partner(s) need to zone every time you skill up to progress. Not sure if classic, but it DOES work here, at least this very annoying zone-100-times-to-spend-1-pont-per-language method. Obviously this makes doing multiple languages at once the best option, as you can practice every language you have access to at the same time and limit the amount of times you need to zone/relog.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

That's my point - on classic live you only had to zone to check your progress not to make progress.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:26 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am looking for some useful studying materials to improve my language level. Where can I look for this?