Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if a ph is up for 2 or more minutes camps up
Wrong

There is no set amount of minutes

I believe the gm ruling is “reasonable amount of time” whatever that means
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

For the record, I regret bringing autism up. Tried to edit it out but people reply so fast! For anyone with actual autism, I don't hate you for it, u the best. One love [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong

There is no set amount of minutes

I believe the gm ruling is “reasonable amount of time” whatever that means
Exactly! Like many things the GMs don't want explicit rules, and prefer to handle it by a GM Fiat definition of "reasonable" (although that specific "reasonable" quote is about something slightly different ... I couldn't find a ruling even addressing how long you have to wait to take a camp from someone else: the staff wants things just that nebulous):

Quote:
Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.
Ultimately the correct amount of time to wait to take a mob is A) until just before someone else does, or B) as long as you possibly can, so that if a GM does show up, you'll be confident that the other guy has no valid argument. It's not about "the server has a right amount of time to wait", it's "what's your risk tolerance for being banned, vs. your willingness to sit there not playing the game for awhile?"

Honestly it sucks and is wasteful system for players: inevitably lots of people sit there not killing mobs for longer than they need to, or doing the reverse and taking mobs before the other guy has a chance to claim them. It'd be so much better IMHO if they released some kind of guidelines.

But we also have to remember that staff time is FAR more rare and precious than player time. Volunteers who spend their time not playing a computer game, and instead arbitrating disputes so other people get to play, are super rare, and we absolutely have to prioritize them higher than anything else.

Ultimately they know better than me how to save their own time, and if they they think nebulous rules that waste a little player time are better than specific ones, I support the value judgment they're making. I just think this is something where everyone could win, and if they said "look if you've stared at a mob for 5 minutes, with a timer running, you can take it and not risk being banned" ... or whatever, it won't result in wasting their time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-23-2019 at 03:29 PM..
Closed Thread