Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by circlerogue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this. If I don't like my first roll, 1 minute gives me enough time to camp out and log on another character so I can roll again on another toon.
See why 1 minute is bad already?
Old 09-09-2020, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM's will in fact enforce this. A couple months ago, I won a ring8 roll a few seconds late (because I killed the mobs that had agrod me instead of bringing them to the roll spot) on my warrior, Mahonri, because as I ran up to the camp, nobody was rolling. I waited for about 15 seconds for the rolls to start, then saw ooc "soanso with 901?" or similar, so I rolled, beat it, and got told I was a couple seconds late, and it didn't count. I didn't like it, and explained I felt I did the right thing by not training, and had indeed arrived to the camp in time, but didn't see any rolls happening so I figured it hadn't happened yet. So, the Riot guy that had the next highest roll, within the 30 second timer, petitioned.

About 60 seconds later, Menden showed up to personally handle this petition from the Riot member, and said I had lost because of the strict 30 second timer. I asked if I should have brought the mobs and rolled with them there, possibly training people, and he said if I trained I could have been DQ'd from the roll and gotten in trouble for that as well.

So basically yeah, you won, but... I don't like it. I think it should be 30 seconds for each roll. It's really weird having one precedent for one roll, and a different precedent for another.
So... it's kind of a strange way to look at it in the it's not fair to me because I had a train outlook. No one created the train and set it on you or had you arrive so last minute.

The thing with the increased ranges is someone could do rolls on different characters. Actually, if you have a minute and start camping before the spawn of a static respawn mob you might even be able to get 3 rolls in.

In general the rolling was originally there just to replace a clickfest which could result in the loss of items that took a long time to obtain. Later there were more to just avoid loss all together and not give huge advantages to low latency players. I don't think the intent was ever to make these things a casual lark.

Anyway, if you make it a 1 minute timer there is going to be someone rolling 10 seconds after that and making a thread about how it should be 2 minutes.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Ideally, I think it should probably be something like:
--Roll at beginning of window
--Whoever wins has to bring their own kill force and actively sock the spawn
--They need to announce turnin in ooc so that anyone AFK in zone can get the timer for their logs
Failure to do step three would be considered a violation of the player agreement with forfeit to the next highest roller on petition.

If you could get buyin to run it that way, then you don't waste a ton of people's time actively socking a window just so they can roll.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

we could alternatively reduce the variance window(s) and make socking less terrible. And just roll better ;D
Old 09-09-2020, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--They need to announce turnin in ooc so that anyone AFK in zone can get the timer for their logs
I like your overall idea, but isn't Angry's message zone-wide, meaning that this step would be unnecessary?
Old 09-09-2020, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

That's even better then. I haven't done this yet, so I'm mostly an outside observer to these discussions at this point, may not have all the details 100%.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no thanks, its fine. Move to resolved.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

10 seconds is too short. 1 minute is too long. 30 seconds feels just right.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 seconds is too short. 1 minute is too long. 30 seconds feels just right.
It's the Goldilocks Theory.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

These long variance windows are cancer.
Closed Thread