Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But people in Taiwan still have other diseases, many of which are more deadly than covid. So.. shouldn't they still be locking down? I don't think you're getting the point; reacting this way to a disease that barely kills anybody even if 100% of the population has it is absurd.

It's worth noting that Taiwan has like 1\14th the population of the US, which inherently makes controlling any communicable disease easier. Not that it matters, because covid is barely dangerous.

It's also worth noting that a 2 week quarantine won't necessarily protect a population, since people can carry it without symptoms. If the rationale of a quarantine is that after 2 weeks of no symptoms you must not have it, the fact that people can carry it asymptomatically kind of throws a wrench in that. But again, luckily it's not very dangerous at all for the vast majority of people, even the vast majority of the elderly. So that's good.

think your mixing up Taiwan with China...

we have one of the best medical care/insurance in the world and everyone gets free tests

my family, there are doing fine and having fun

while I'm stuck in America because half the population think its fake or refuse to social distance/put on a mask

if covid wasn't so dangerous why don't you get catch one yourself and see if it hurts
Last edited by Tunabros; 11-20-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Old 11-20-2020, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

we have one of the best medical care/insurance in the world and everyone gets free tests

while I'm stuck in America because half the population think its fake or refuse to social distance/put on a mask

if covid wasn't so dangerous why don't you get catch one yourself and see if it hurts
No I'm definitely not mixing them up, I'm very much aware of Taiwan and support them specifically because of their relationship with china, and how china doesn't recognize their sovereignty. I may very well have already had covid, where I live you can only get tested if you exhibit symptoms. That's kind of my point, the hysteria over it's alleged danger, as if it's ebola or something, is why you can't travel. It's not based on any kind of sound logic or medical reasoning. It made sense at the beginning, we did not yet understand what we were dealing with, hence travel bans. 10 months later we understand it a lot better, and the statistics with regard to mortality rates paint a much safer picture, thankfully. Some people cannot get the hysteria out of their systems though.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I'm definitely not mixing them up, I'm very much aware of Taiwan and support them specifically because of their relationship with china, and how china doesn't recognize their sovereignty. I may very well have already had covid, where I live you can only get tested if you exhibit symptoms. That's kind of my point, the hysteria over it's alleged danger, as if it's ebola or something, is why you can't travel. It's not based on any kind of sound logic or medical reasoning. It made sense at the beginning, we did not yet understand what we were dealing with, hence travel bans. 10 months later we understand it a lot better, and the statistics with regard to mortality rates paint a much safer picture, thankfully. Some people cannot get the hysteria out of their systems though.
I see what you are saying. We are over reacting quite a bit on this virus. But I do think

that with over a quarter of a million dead to it in US, we should have taken it more

seriously from the start
Old 11-20-2020, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lold at this post very cute and true
Old 11-21-2020, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly if you have had covid two or three times for now you should be cleared to travel

people who are asymptomatic with low grade cases will spread immunity faster and cause less severe infections than really sick people

should still wear mask and wash hands tho so u spread less virus and give people a chance to catch up with their own immunities.
this isn't really how it works FYI -- the infecting viral load has naught to do with severity of symptoms. there's a hundred million hundred thousand more virus in your body than the init sneeze by the time you get symptoms.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isn't really how it works FYI -- the infecting viral load has naught to do with severity of symptoms. there's a hundred million hundred thousand more virus in your body than the init sneeze by the time you get symptoms.
It takes time. Even if it's just hours for 1000 viri to replicate into lots.

There's a few crucial hours there for our bodies to do some critical stuff.

Though it's all purely speculative.

I want my first exposure to be small. I think my first exposure was. No direct coughs. Lots of handwashings . And critically amped immune response due to near death incident. I'm still not sure any of this is real anymore.
Closed Thread